Copenhagen conference fails.

by BurnTheShips 41 Replies latest members politics

• beksbks
    beksbks
    We said he was "Senator Present" last year because he seldom took a stand in his vote record. You guys on the Left scoffed. Now he is proving to be the Present of the United States. Sorry. You guys don’t get to complain. You guys chose style over substance. He's so handsome. And articulate. You guys voted for this empty suit. Eat it up. Every last bite. And clean your plate.
    BTS

Surely you're joking? What do you think would have been accomplished at this point with McCain and Palin in the White House? Just because you and your hive minded ilk refuse to look at your right wing leadership with a critical eye, doesn't mean the rest of us are such lemmings. As far as his failings, one of his biggest mistakes has been trying to work with the obstructionists on the right. Given the same choices, I would still vote exactly as I did.

Your continued reference to issues effecting the country, heck the world, as though it's some kind of sports match, gives a clue as to your real depth. Twit.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Your continued reference to issues effecting the country, heck the world, as though it's some kind of sports match, gives a clue as to your real depth. Twit.

Shutup and take your medicine, stupid.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL

Hey you edited. Your original comment was "Shutup Stupid". Which I found hilarious.

• besty
    besty
    I'm glad the wealth transfer conference failed and our wealth won't be transferred to the 3rd world so the corrupt dictators of the 3rd world can steal the money and hide it in off shore bank accounts.

Think about what you just wrote every time you put gas in your car......

CLUE for the dumb: count the 3rd world corrupt dictatorships YOU are transferring YOUR wealth to every day......

Total Imports of Petroleum (Top 15 Countries)
    (Thousand Barrels per Day)
    CountrySep-09Aug-09YTD 2009Sep-08YTD 2008

CANADA2,3562,5242,4482,3992,465
    MEXICO1,2711,1591,2661,0031,284
    VENEZUELA1,1461,0701,1391,0511,190
    SAUDI ARABIA1,0457661,0521,4311,542
    NIGERIA8949177525911,014
    ALGERIA641551491657540
    RUSSIA486512607433485
    IRAQ428500457543661
    ANGOLA414364486416512
    COLOMBIA301269286149203
    UNITED KINGDOM295225253281225
    VIRGIN ISLANDS280223290345328
    BRAZIL268275341271248
    KUWAIT246148189110197
    ECUADOR153131191233218
  • HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

besty,

And NOTHING that Obama or his communist allies or the wealth transfer crowd at Copenhagen are proposing would change that.

What CONCRETE proposals are being put forward by any of these to reduce the United Stated dependence on foreign oil?

• besty
    besty

I was simply making the point that your wealth is already being transferred to corrupt 3rd world dictators on a scale you can't imagine for a product that scientists say is damaging to the planet

And yet you characterize some of the steps to mitigate this damage as 'wealth transfer'?

For a detailed education on what was achieved at Copenhagen I suggest you read this:

http://belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu/analysis/stavins/?p=464

The Obama Administration website includes their Energy and Environment progress here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/energy-and-environment

But I think you are confused between the American energy policy and a global climate change accord.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

NO, I am not confused. And yes I know the things that are being proposed and none of them will make the least difference.

There are a large number of very practical steps that could be taken that would reduce energy consumption and would also be a good investment, but none of these are being proposed.

I am not opposed to reducing energy consumption, that we know how to do. I am opposed to all these schemes that add tremendous cost to energy prices and do nothing to reduce energy consumption. But the leftists never propose anything that involves taking practical, easily achievable steps with off the shelf technology.

• besty
    besty
    There are a large number of very practical steps that could be taken that would reduce energy consumption and would also be a good investment, but none of these are being proposed.

enlighten us......

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

besty,

And I should do your research for you why?

I'll give you just two.

Heating water uses roughly 22% of the residential energy consumption in the US. Solar hot water heaters can reduce this number to roughly 3%, a 19% reduction. Solar hot water heaters can be manufactured for around $600 for residential use. You don't replace the existing hot water heater, you keep it in place as a backup.

Retail, commercial, and industrial hot water is more like 20% of energy consumption for those sectors.

Lighting uses 15% of residential energy consumption. Solar lighting can eliminate that completely. Solar lighting can be manufactured at a reasonable cost if done at economies of scale.

Retail, commercial, and industrial lighting is over 20% of energy consumption for those sectors.

Solar lighitng is full spectrum light. Human beings are happier and their mood is elevated when in full spectrum light.

Both of these technologies are very mature, well understood and the products are off the shelf. Nothing has to be invented. You could start adding solar hot water heaters and solar lighting to existing buildings tomorrow.

19% + 15% = 34% for residential

20% + 25% = 45% for industrial, commercial, and retail.

Space heating can be done with hot water using water to air heat exchangers, so once you have the hot water space heating costs only the energy required to move the heat around.

Space heating is 40% of energy consumption in residential, more than that for industrial, retail, and commercial.

34%+40%=74%.

So, retrofitting existing buildings with solar hot water and solar lighting would cut energy consumption by 74%. The total cost would look something like this for residential:

solar hot water heater $600

Installation $400

Solar lighting $1200

Water to air heat exchange coil $300

extra ductwork to get the hot air into the existing ducts including installation $200

total $2,700

The payback is 3 to 4 years depending on energy rates in the area.

• besty
    besty
    besty, And I should do your research for you why?

erm ...cos you made a statement and I asked you to back it up.....

you don't have to do anything - just say no.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit