Copenhagen conference fails.

by BurnTheShips 41 Replies latest members politics

• besty
    besty

A reporter asked: “If there’s a hoax, then who’s putting on this hoax, and what’s the motive?”

“It started in the United Nations,” Inhofe said, “and the ones in the United States who really grab ahold of this is the Hollywood elite.”

United Nations, all its funds and agencies, annual per head* budget = $4

United States military annual per head budget = $80

My question is, if Copenhagen was a failure who is in charge of the global warming hoax?

The scientists who are screaming for the politicians to do something or the politicians who are unable to reach agreement?

*per head defined as 'every man woman and child on the planet'

• beksbks
    beksbks

From Burns chart article.

Energy usage has dropped rapidly in the past two years in the United States, mostly as a result of the recession, which has crimped economic activity and pushed up unemployment figures.

Maybe rising gas prices helped too?

2United States [11]5,752,28920.2 %18.67
    -European Union [12]3,914,35913.8 %7.84

Considering the per capita difference, I find it amazing that the E.U. is as low as it is.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    “His name is Inhofe,” a German journalist told a Japanese reporter, “but I don’t know if it’s one or two f’s.”

I'm guessing several F's.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

ALEX JONES IS BRINGING DOWN THE NWO!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    ALEX JONES IS BRINGING DOWN THE NWO!

Uhhhh.....check, please?

• besty
    besty
    Considering the per capita difference, I find it amazing that the E.U. is as low as it is.

Energy is expensive in Europe, meaning efficiency is rewarded.

Where energy is cheap, waste is abundant.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    According to liberal Naomi Klein, Obama is to blame.
    There are very few U.S. Presidents who have squandered as many once-in-a-generation opportunities as Barack Obama. More than anyone else, the Copenhagen failure belongs to him. http://www.naomiklein.org/articles/2009/12/obama-no-opportunity-too-big-blow

The liberal Huffington Post:

Leadership, Obama Style, and the Looming Losses in 2010: Pretty Speeches, Compromised Values, and the Quest for the Lowest Common Denominator

Consider the president’s leadership style, which has now become clear: deliver a moving speech, move on, and when push comes to shove, leave it to others to decide what to do if there’s a conflict, because if there’s a conflict, he doesn’t want to be anywhere near it.

Health care is a paradigm case. When the president went to speak to the Democrats last week on Capitol Hill, he exhorted them to pass the bill. According to reports, though, he didn’t mention the two issues in the way of doing that, the efforts of Senators like Ben Nelson to use this as an opportunity to turn back the clock on abortion by 25 years, and the efforts of conservative and industry-owned Democrats to eliminate any competition for the insurance companies that pay their campaign bills. He simply ignored both controversies and exhorted.

Leadership means heading into the eye of the storm and bringing the vessel of state home safely, not going as far inland as you can because it’s uncomfortable on the high seas. This president has a particular aversion to battling back gusting winds from his starboard side (the right, for the nautically challenged) and tends to give in to them. He just can’t tolerate conflict, and the result is that he refuses to lead.

We said he was "Senator Present" last year because he seldom took a stand in his vote record. You guys on the Left scoffed. Now he is proving to be the Present of the United States. Sorry. You guys don’t get to complain. You guys chose style over substance. He's so handsome. And articulate. You guys voted for this empty suit. Eat it up. Every last bite. And clean your plate.

BTS

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I'm glad the wealth transfer conference failed and our wealth won't be transferred to the 3rd world so the corrupt dictators of the 3rd world can steal the money and hide it in off shore bank accounts.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

We said he was "Senator Present" last year because he seldom took a stand in his vote record. You guys on the Left scoffed. Now he is proving to be the Present of the United States. Sorry. You guys don’t get to complain. You guys chose style over substance. He's so handsome. And articulate. You guys voted for this empty suit. Eat it up. Every last bite. And clean your plate.

Unclear who you're scolding at but that's just the cost of democracy. It doesn't bother me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Unclear who you're scolding at but that's just the cost of democracy. It doesn't bother me.

Well, help is on the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit