"Boys today -- Men tomorrow", my xmas erectile set. Your best gift?

by Fatfreek 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Oh, yeah -- I guess it was an Erector Set! Oh, yes -- and a set of tinker toys.

What was your most memorable Christmas before JWs ruined it for you?

Len

Erector set

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Oh, yes -- that picture is from some 1922 advertisement. Looks like it could be from some National Geographic magazine.

As a boy in the 1940's I really lusted over a Lionel train set but being from a poor family that was out of the question. I think there may be a cult following of train people today -- mainly middle aged men using it as a hobby.

Len

• choosing life
    choosing life

There were so many great gifts. A cotton candy machine and a nice set of classic books come to mind. A bike, a skateboard. Nice memories.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That is a fine erection.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My best gift was Christmas with my Mom, Dad and older sister.

I don't have that anymore thanks to the JW's, I don't even have it with my nephew.

• dinah
    dinah

Made me look!

When my son was little, a big tub of Legos would keep him busy for days.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My dad bought me a kitchen table set with dishes. I was eight. It was the last Christmas I celebrated until 2008.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When my father's parents still celebrated Christmas (they both got dunked in the 80's) the best presant I recieved while at their house was a book called "Misty of Chincoteague". I loved that book.

This is how the cover looked:

• JeffT
    JeffT

Christmas 1988 - the first one in fifteen years. After the rest of the family went to bed I sat in the living room with a drink and watched the lights on the tree blink.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

1958, I was 5, an Erector Set, I was thrilled and enjoyed it for years. 1959, my parents are assimilated into the Borg.

Today I am an Engineer. . . . in spite of the collective mentallity.

Coincidence . . hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit