Do you know your personality type?

by bluecanary 87 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I always come up ENFP. Idealists (NFs) and Rationalists (NTs) are terrible at embracing legalistic or highly structured organized religion. Just interesting that so far, we seem to have Idealists and Rationalists popping up. Idealists tend to be ecumenical/pagan/New Age and Rationalists tend to be drawn to agnosticism and intellectual faiths.

Experiencers don't do religion well either unless it's in conjuction with work or play activities (they might run a youth program or an athletic team associated with a church), only Traditionalists are attracted much to the sort of legalistic and works oriented religion that the JWs promote and even then...not that many.

I've always found JWs heavy on the ESTJ/ISTJ type, who tend to be very conscientious, duty oriented individuals with a strong need for outer directed rules and organization. Also, the ISFJ type, who is very self sacrificing and conscientious and hates confrontation or conflict, especially among women.

"N" people are big picture thinkers, generalists, and it's very hard to get them to subscribe to a one size fits all ideology or theory about anything.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

skeeter, there's nothing wrong with being an ESTJ. They exhibit qualitites that cults like but the business and political world likes those qualities, too. When you're in demand, everyone wants you including cults.

• Farkel
    Farkel

INTJ.

The quiz says I'm in pretty good company.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Friderich Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

Therefore, the quiz is ridiculous!

Farkel

• caliber
    caliber

Judging

Judgers approach life in a structured way, creating plans and organizing their world to achieve their goals and desired results in a predictable way.

They get their sense of control by taking charge of their environment and making choices early.

Perceiving

Perceivers perceive structure as being more limiting than enabling. They prefer to keep their choices open so they can cope with many problems that the know life will put in their way.

They get their sense of control by keeping their options open and making choices only when they are necessary.

http://changeminds.org/explanations/preferences/judging_perceiving.htm

Preference

From......To
    Energising
    (Motivation)
    E = Extraversion
    (Expressive, External)
    I = Introversion
    (Reserved, Internal)
    Attending
    (Acquiring information, Inferring meaning)
    S = Sensing
    (Observant, Facts)
    N = Intuiting
    (Introspective, Ideas)
    Deciding
    (Formulating intent)
    T = Thinking
    (Tough-minded, Logic)
    F = Feeling
    (Friendly, Emotion)
    LivingJ = Judging
    (Scheduling, Structured)
    P = Perceiving
    (Probing, Flexible, Open)

ISTJ (12%)

Doing what should be done

ISFJ (8%)

A high sense of duty

INFJ (4%)

An inspiration to others

INTJ (6%)

Everything has room for improvement

ISTP (4%)

Ready to try anything once

ISFP (4%)

Sees much but shares little

INFP (4%)

Performing noble service to help society

INTP (4%)

A love of problem-solving

ESTP (3%)

The ultimate realists

ESFP (5%)

You only go around once in life

ENFP (8%)

Giving life an extra squeeze

ENTP (5%)

One exciting challenge after another

ESTJ (12%)

Life's administrators

ESFJ (8%)

Hosts and hostesses of the world

ENFJ (5%)

Smooth-talking persuaders

ENTJ (6%)

Life's natural leaders

Cult ideals in green

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I'm cult free!!!!! INTJ

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

my wife is an infp

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I have taken this test a couple of time and come up INTJ - like a few others on here. This type only represents 1% of the population but a disproportionate showing on here to me signifies that they are more prone to leaving the JWs. I think the reason for this is that they are able to see the whole picturel. They also follow a perfectionist approach regarding rules so are likely to have a hard time living up to JW ideals and demands, which was certainly true in my case.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Well, I took this test again, I have gone through alot of changes in the last few years, maybe that is why my personality keeps changing. What I found most interesting though, was that there are very few famous people that I am wild about, Audrey Hepburn is one (used to be a pic of her as my avatar and I have a pic of her over my desk.) and Richard Gere are both INFP.

Idealist Portrait of the Healer (INFP)

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow", and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit