Do you know your personality type?

by bluecanary 87 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

What is your Myers-Briggs personality type? If you're unfamiliar with it, you can take a test here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Be warned that the test can be wildly inaccurate. You might do better to look at a brief description of each type and figure it out that way. You can do that here: http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

In Combatting Cult Mind Control, Steve Hassan says that cults try to mold all their members toward becoming one particular type. I believe that JWs are strongly encouraged to be Sensing Thinking Judgers.

I think they're kind of schizophrenic about whether they want their members to be Extraverted or Introverted. Extraverts are more likely to engage in the field service and give talks; Introverts are more likely to spend time reading the publications and isolate themselves from others.

I think they want Sensors who are good at focusing on practical tasks, rather than iNtuitives who like to ponder abstract concepts.

I think they want Thinkers, who are more likely to hold to a given set of values, rather than Feelers who make decisions based on emotion and are more likely to ignore directives like shunning family members.

I think they want Judgers who are more comfortable having the structure of an organization and believing in firm conclusions, rather than Perceivers who are more comfortable being spontaneous and keeping their options open.

Of course, people of all personality types can become victims of a high-control group.

I am an INFJ. iNtuitive Feelers tend to be on a constant quest for spirituality and/or higher meaning, which is certainly true for me. We tend to be more vulnerable to groups that claim to have the all answers to life.

What type are you?

• ninja
    ninja

tri-polar

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

ninja, should I start another thread asking what's your personality disorder?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Strange, they don't have my type listed there...

TAFMW

Too Awesome For Mere Words

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Mosting towards the ISFP personality. I tend to be more on the quiet, keep to my own space, person. I do express my opinions, but I am not spontaneous or insist on my opinion.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

LOL, PS, is that your personality type or personality disorder?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

straightshooter, my brother and boyfriend are both ISFPs. I've known a couple of ISFPs who have given up on the JWs. I don't think they like the control aspect. ISFPs like to live and let live.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did this test as a witness and then about two years after fading.

The test results were different, interesting.

I was INFJ (The Protector) as a witness and then the results were IFSP (The Artist)

Closely related, but I think because the JW enviroment supressed individual creativity and individuality I was not able to fully be IFSP.

I don't know, like I said, it was interesting.

Here is another site

http://www.personalitypage.com/home.html

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

BLuecanary,

Is there a difference between personality type and disorder?

I can't tell !

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

INTJ-which is why I always struggled to be a good, little, mousey ,non-competitive JW sister.

I found this on a Meyers-Briggs DB...poor guy...

INTJ Women - How to get to them?
    Not sure if there's a thread started on this.

But here goes. Lately I've developed some feelings for an INTJ girl. She's a high achieving perfectionist, striving for her law degree, playing in golf tournaments worldwidel, getting top grades, etc. Is there anything I can do besides beating her in everything that she cares about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit