Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions regarding "attention seekers"?

by BonaFide 208 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter ...I must let you know that Trevor & I are friends now

Hi Mouthy

The only good thing to come out of all that mess was that Trevor was able to get help and understanding from someone like yourself. I admire your capacity for forgiveness and care - you are a such a great example to us all!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think I was allowing space for the true attention seekers to air their opinions :S

Nonsense, you were just waiting for this to roll over to the next page so that you would feel free to ignore the facts I posted earlier:

Reniaa asked: "Is it really attention seeking if you put a contraversial apposing opinion that incites a lot of comments from defenders?"

Yes, I do think that you are an "attention seeker" when you post many of the things you put out there. No, you're not interrupting the classroom or pestering someone purchasing shoes as mentioned in the OP. You are drawn to the attention that your pro-JW, pro-WT, apologist postings bring to this forum. I don't think that you even really believe many of the "opinions" that you post. Most glaring example, you write that we must "obey the leaders", but you certainly don't obey the GB.

If you were NOT an attention seeker, you would obediently be at the Kingdom Hall, sitting together with everyone that uniformly agrees with the spiritual food printed in Watchtower Corporation literature and taught by Governing Body appointed Elders. If you were NOT an attention seeker, and if you were genuinely pro-JW, you would not be here at all.

But that's too boring for you really. You need to come here and post pro-JW stuff, just so the folks here can jump on you and what you say. You simply love that attention that you don't get anywhere else.

Reniaa also asked: "The assumption is you can write want you want but it's considered attention seeking if it isn't in agreement with the majority?"

You can post what you want, irrational, misspelled, grammatically incorrect, happens all the time here, me do too some. But yes, when you regularly post things in disagreement with the majority, you will get a lot of attention. And yes, when you come here against regulation of the FDS, you must be seeking something. Therefore "attention" + "seeking" = "attention seeking".

B the X

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Mary said: ...you're either a lousy mother, or a liar

Don't accuse the liar of being a lousy mother. You don't know how the liar manages at home.

• Mary
    Mary

OTWO.....she's yankin' our chain.......No one who has a 'severely handicapped' kid could possibly be posting on here like she does. Take a look at her posting history for just one day. She's been on here continuously, which would be an impossibility if she were in fact, caring for someone who needs constant care.

She's a pathological liar......

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi Ex-bethel

you are just proving my point, the condemnation is my pro-Jw stance admidst a majority of anti-witnesses by your own words.

Simon could easily ban me from this site, but he doesn't why?

Because he wants this forum to air both sides.

If you and others cannot handle the freedom simon allows why not choose an openly ex-Jw forum which would ban me for my pro-Jw stance? rather than whine about my viewpoints that simon allows?

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Guys, let's not let anyone hijack this thread...so many good idea have been put forth here..if someone comes on to hijack this thread and make it about themself...simply ignore them...why feed their desire for attention???

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi mary

here is my other cheek

Matthew 5:39
    But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary, let dead dogs lie

• reniaa
    reniaa

/wave isaac

still erm sort of ignoring me! I'm off now I hope you have a good night and plenty of debates :)

Reniaa

• isaacaustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit