Ok have you ever been asked this question in regards to Isaiah 43:10 ?

by StoneWall 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Lack of evidence does not demonstrate evidence of lack.

LOL! Is that a Proverb I missed?!

I think my evidence and your lack of evidence is evident!

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Regarding Stephen's comments, I recall that my grandfather used to say variations of this, another proverb:— "Figures don't lie, but liars sure can figure!"

Since "[t]he heart is more treacherous than anything else and desperate", Jeremiah 17:9 continues with the appropriate litmus-test question:— "Who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:10 answers the questions, as follows:— "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings."

Regardingandrob31's comments, I see no problem with running a hypothesis through a complete set of statements to see if it holds up. Personification is often used in scripture, just as metaphor and simile are.

As for "accurate perception of truth" for "spirit of truth [a.k.a. "holy spirit"], again I see no problem. If I ask for the meaning of "spirit of the law", would I not be fair in suggesting "accurate perception of the law"? I suggest that I am. I am simply using logic as I understand it to be.

• androb31
    androb31

"Androb31 states a few "facts" about the "Holy Spirit", which the Bible also calls the spirit of truth. I suggest that "accurate perception of truth" would be an accurate replacement wherever "Holy Spirit" is discussed. Also, we need to bear in mind that Greek is like French in that it requires a "gender", which is translated as "he" here, but in English I suggest should be more correctly translated as "it", unless one wants to see the "naked Greek" thought process."

So you're a Greek scholar? Credentials? According to the manner of Fredfranzodek? Ok then, let's not look at where gender is used. What about I and me. Yes, I realize that attributes are personified in the bible (not that I would refer to the Holy Spirit as a quality or an attribute) but I seem to recall that in the case of let's say wisdom, is it not a person according to the WT? Namely Jesus, although in the femenine gender?

Acts 13:1, 2: (NWT)

Now in Antioch there were prophets and teachers in the local congregation, Bar´na·bas as well as Sym´e·on who was called Ni´ger, and Lucius of Cy·re´ne, and Man´a·en who was educated with Herod the district ruler, and Saul. As they were publicly ministering to Jehovah and fasting, the holy spirit said: “Of all persons set Bar´na·bas and Saul apart for me for the work to which I have called them.”

• Chalam
    Chalam

Spike T-I recall that my grandfather used to say variations of this, another proverb:— "Figures don't lie, but liars sure can figure!"

OK well I have presented "figures", for example the hebrew for Genesis 1:2. I have show the NWT "translation" to be a deceptive lie.

If you have evidence that the original Hebrew for this verse says anything other that "God's Spirit" or the "Spirit of God" then you better bring it to the table?

If not, so right ahead, take the blue pill if you so desire and carry on as if the NWT is the "most accurate" translation and you are in the truth.

Redpill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the best,

Stephen

• androb31
    androb31

"As for "accurate perception of truth" for "spirit of truth [a.k.a. "holy spirit"], again I see no problem. If I ask for the meaning of "spirit of the law", would I not be fair in suggesting "accurate perception of the law"? I suggest that I am. I am simply using logic as I understand it to be."

So was it the "accurate perception of truth" or the "accurate perception of the law" that was moving to and fro over the face of the earth to form it in the beginning?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Stephen, regarding Genesis 1:2, I have now begun the appropriate Topic at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/178499/1/Genesis-1-2-e28094-Gods-active-force-and-equivalents, when this new aspect appeared going onto Page 4 here.

androb31, as you have correctly discerned, my "suggestion" in Post 415 does NOT stand up under test. Now we're beginning to see what a tough assignment the FDS has. Being imperfect and impaired by Satan's enveloping air, it is certainly a challenge to provide "proper food at the proper time". Alas, it appears that I have to continue to work out my qualifications. My spirit is willing though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit