Ok have you ever been asked this question in regards to Isaiah 43:10 ?

by StoneWall 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Thanks for the tip, allelsefails. It may come in handy, but not in the ways I am interested in. I have just looked at http://biblos.com/isaiah/43-10.htm but it shows neither transliteration nor word-by-word translation.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Spike click on the Interlinear link inthe upper right corner of screen it gives the word for word.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

That doesn't help regarding Isaiah 43:10

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Transliteration means that it would show the Hebrew but in English letters. Word-by-word translation would show the meaning of each word, one at a time.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Trasliteration is a waste of time. I just noticed it only does the word for word interlinear on the Greek scrips. sorry. It is a pretty cool resource I use often tho.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Transliteration is what I need. I may have to lay out some dough on the proper tools. I don't know where I'd be able to find a Bible bookstore with such. They're all vanishing around here and getting consolidated so there's one a mail-order place hundreds of miles away. I'm sorry that you consider transliteration a waste of time.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

What do you think the value of trasliteration is? Unless you've gone to school for many years studying ancient languages any meaning you take from it has a tendency to be inaccurate. People much better trained and educated than you and me have gone thru the trouble of translating the words - tho I see the value in a dictionary like Vines or Strong's to show all possible meanings of the translated word..

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

transliteration allows me the sanity of a rough pronunciation and a look of the language I can make sense of better

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There is no pblem in the bible being taken in its entirely, when applied to the context of what is bein "interpreted", as long as it takes into account the New Covenant and applies it to the Old Covenant.

You must also keep in line with the totallity of the chapter in which the passage is applied.

Many OT passages are aplied to Jesus as the fullfilment of the NEW covenent and are not longer "apllicable" to ONLY God.

As Jesus became Saviour, Redeemer and Judge (all roles of God in the OT) in the New Covenant then as such the context of the OT passage when applied to the New Covenant must be respected.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The New Covenant is one thing, the New Testament is another; the Old Covenant is one thing, the Old Testament is another. Each has its own connections to the other three.

Application may or may not be valid, depending on the source(s) of it.

All of Jesus' roles are dependent upon Jehovah, never independent of Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit