Hi I hope i am welcome

by cantleave 188 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I cannot help you there when it comes to having belief in and trusting in Jehovah we are all on our own.

AMEN Reniaa. I am glad you have come to that knowledge. Even though you try your darndest
    to make people think that the religion is GOOD.. I think your beating a dead horse
    but cantleave sounds like he already KNOWs it is a false religion..

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

diva, don't forget "the happiest people on earth"

it's like the KH is happier than disney world

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Spike Tassel (Post 47) re cantleave (Post 2): Let God be found true, despite the failings of others. It is Jehovah you must worship, not anyone or anything else. Love all the sinners (whether friend or neutral or foe), hate the sin. It's not about us or the things that we find inconsistent. It about being turned to face Jehovah, and accept that though our sins be like scarlet, they can be made white as snow if we accept the ransom's covering of them. Your sharing these things with us allows us to pray on your behalf that Jehovah can unify your heart and, in so doing, to help others to do the same. May Jehovah's peace be with you as upon all the rest of us, so that we may be blessed with the unity of his holy spirit.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Reniaa,

Thank you for taking the time to try. The society are right that when the bible touches on Science it is accurate. It does not claim to be a scientific book, so i don't expect it to be so. I do expect the organisation to be accurate when they discuss scientific things. I do have a good grounding in science, but my scientific curiosity has strengthened my belief in a creator and that is why I stayed a Witness for so many years. I feel there must be a purpose for mankind, and it is must be based on a foundation of love. What I do not see is that love reflected by the way the organisation works. Keeping everyone in a grip of fear. We have been told that we should fear displeasing Jehovah, but the reality is our fear is in displeasing men. Men who have the power to turn everything that is dear to you away from you. There are some really, genuinely wonderful Jehovah's witnesses, and they have really strong faith. But are they following the bible or someone elses interpretation of it?

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

You are very welcome on this site. Everyone on this site is just wonderful and understanding. We have all been through one thing or another on this site. You are a great father and seem to be such a loving man. AGAIN WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffy

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"The society are right that when the bible touches on Science it is accurate. It does not claim to be a scientific book, so i don't expect it to be so. "

spike, cut and paste right from the WT, it's gotta be good!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Spike Tassel (Post 48) re DaCheech (Post 2427): My Post 47, directly before cantleave's Post 7, is no cut-and-paste; it's how I really think as I match spiritual words to spiritual thoughts. Peace.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

spike, don't worry for the past 8 or so years that I've owned the WT lib CD, I have done a good job cutting and pasting all my talks.

when I started doing public talks it would take me literally 20 days to do a 45 minute talk. after I got the hang of the WT lib CD it took me 3 hours to do the same talk!

gotta love the ease of parroting the WT

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome, and don't fear judgment here.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You're not a hypocrite, you've just got your arm twisted behind your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit