Hi I hope i am welcome

by cantleave 188 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in the same boat, but my wife is a couple years further along than yours.

One seed at a time.

I think one of the most potent places to start is how a God of love is soon to destroy 6 or 7 billion people just because they don't take Watchtowers and jump in the pool.

How does your wife feel about this issue?

Oh, and excellent advice, whoever gave it, about keeping personally identifying details out of your posts.

om

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Brought up in the "truth" but know its not. But I can't leave the congregation.

Fixed: Brought up in the "truth" but know its not. But I can't leave the congregation am hesitant to leave the congregation because I anticipate negative consequences, so today I choose to stay in. I have the ability to make a different choice in the future.

Millions have left, so it's not a matter of "can't".

It's unfortunate many of us, when in, did not have the type of friends and relatives who would not retaliate against us for refusing to live a lie.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Its ok most of us here are hypocrytes, other wise we would not feel so spaced out concerning saying anything about the Witness's BS.

• the research lady
    the research lady

Welcome to the board. Good advice from Deputy Dog and Mouthy. Don't listen to Reniaa, she is still an active J.W who hasn't learned yet how dangerous the Org. really is. "When our own thoughts are forbidden, when our questions are not allowed and our doubts are punished, when contacts and friendships outside the organization are censored, we are being abused for an end that never justifies its means. When our heart aches knowing we have made friendships and secret attachments that will be forever forbidden if we leave, we are in danger. When we consider staying in a group because we cannot bear the loss, disappointment and sorrow our leaving will cause for ourselves and those we have come to love, we are in a cult." Deborah Layton, Jonestown survivor. (Jim Jones;People's Temple)

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

hello i`ve got to say i think your doing the right thing my friend, there are others and i`m sure from good motives who would try and convince you that you must leave. i feel you will be much better able to have an effect and infulence on things from the inside for your childrens sake. i also want to add a note of caution from your own point of view what will you do when your children have grown up? thats a question for you to answer, will you be happy to continue to put up a pretence, and what if your children remain jw`s. it`s a tough one and my heart felt feelings go out to you, but as we say in england "don`t go at it like a bull at a gate" . let things roll along a bit, time changes things, play it slowly,dont rush your feelings. keep going along making out everythings fine, get stronger, work out your plan, and maybe you can find a good way out of this. good luck

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE- Welcome to the board friend ! Good to have you. Look forward to your takes and observations. I can tell you are a deep thinker who looks between the lines and discerns injustices and has a good heart to fix those injustices.

I was born-in as a witness got out at age 44 finally almost 6 years ago. The injustices that bothered you also are the same things that influenced me to quit and get away from the unloving judgmental hypocrites who were running the show. When the elders in my congregation told me to accept back an non-witness wife who had left me due to being a dangerous drug abuser it was the last straw. The elders told me to visit my teenage witness daughters in a park or neutral location if it made my drug abusing wife uncomfortable by them visiting me at our home. THAT"S when I said " I'm out of here. " The elders were giving personal opinions as counsel and I told myself that there was no way holy spirit appointed these freaks.

So hang in there with your situation. Lots of caring people here . If you ever want or need to talk , feel free we are here for you. Take care, I'll PM you my number. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Welcome cantleave, many here are in your situation with respect to having to remain in the "org". I empathize.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Flipper, that is awful! She posed a serious danger to you and your children. The Elders could never know what your personal situation was, they had no right to challenge your judgement. Endangerment of life (and spirituality ) are even in their book a legitimate reason for a separation.

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE- Yeah, I know. Tell me about it. I've got lots more injustice stories I've experienced where THOSE came from ! Give me a call sometime - your eyes may be opened a bit wider ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this thread up for the newbie here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit