LATEST BIG RUMOR: WTS calls a moratorium on ALL KH construction in US & Canada

by sir82 47 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Based on an informal conversation this past weekend...

An elder with "connections" to the local RBC stated that he heard that the Society was instituting a moratorium on all Kingdom Hall construction in the US and Canada. Any projects for which funding has already been arranged will continue, but as of now, no new KH construction loans are being approved by the Society.

There are enough projects in the pipeline that RBCs will still be busy for the next year or 2, but after that....who knows?

My thoughts:

-- IF TRUE, it is further evidence backing the speculation presented on this forum and elsewhere that the Society is "asset-rich but cashflow-poor"

-- The Society has been slowly & gradually shifting its focus from the printing industry to real estate. Things must really be bad if they are calling a halt to new construction.

-- The small group discussing it seemed rather concerned & bewildered. One commented "well, with t heeconomy the way it is, people must not be contributing like they did before."

-- Can we expect to see more articles about being a "cheerful giver"? Methinks that 2 Cor. 9:7 will soon replace Matt. 24:45-47 as the most frequently cited scripture in WT study articles.

• blondie
    blondie

As to donations increasing...I don't see that happening as long as they continue to be fairly anonymous. Who would turn in time if it were anonymous...some but not many. I can see the WTS wanting to channel the money jws have for such projects into other things, like the pocket of the WTS headquarters, to spend as they want.

• Warlock
    Warlock

What took them so long?

Warlock

• aniron
    aniron

Very interesting (as they used to say) if true.

Is the flow of ready cash slowing down?

Or are they expecting a slow down in growth, that does not merit building more Kingdom Halls?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jehovah is truly SPEEDING up the work in the Last Days!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Interesting.

Also, most growth has been in Spanish language. If there is a net immigrant outflow due to the downturn (this is purely anecdotal, but many are going back home), there is more reason to reduce construction.

BTS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope this means they are running out of cash. And I am not donating a penny to that cockroach infested organization--if they have money to defend their pedophiles, they have money to run the show.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I would do anything to see their downfall in my lifetime...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit