LATEST BIG RUMOR: WTS calls a moratorium on ALL KH construction in US & Canada

by sir82 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Actually this is kind of ironic if you think about it. I mean imagine an organization for years telling people they can get by without a college education, that they shouldn't receive one at all. Then years later when the job market is tighter and even a college degree isn't a guarantee of receiving employment they're having cash flow problems due to donations not being high enough. I just think this is kind of the definition of irony, maybe they'll rethink the college education thing so that more JWs who grow up as JWs will have expendable income that they can donate when they get older.

When it comes to donation, first comes life, then comes religion. If life takes up all the money, there's nothing left for religion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If they have plenty of work to do for over a year, then not scheduling new work could mean little or much.
    It could mean that there isn't sufficient growth and/or money to justify new Kingdom Halls. It could mean they don't want the cash invested in loans but need it to be liquid (in their pocket). It could also just mean they are reevaluating where the money is in North America and where it is not. I do expect to hear more about Hall closures as they reevaluate.

I know we love to run with these rumors. This one will certainly cause rumor talk.

I love that, despite the dangerous mind control, members are able to keep their own money in their pocket instead of dropping it in the box.
    As Blondie said, it can be because the donations are anonymous. In the cult-mind, you do everything that gives you credit. How many pioneers would pioneer if they didn't get the title? How many would "preach" at all if they didn't count time?

Everything about WTS is money money money. Money will eventually be their downfall. I just won't get my hopes up that it is as soon as we hope.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jehovah has finally revealed to The Slave when Armageddon will happen.

They know that no more Kingdom Halls will be needed. The door to the ark is almost shut.

It's just around the corner (since 1879, no less).

Everyone panic.

• sir82
    sir82

Does anyone know - what happens if a congregation defaults on a Society KH loan?

I have to imagine that it happens at least occasionally - the congregation(s) get a big loan from the Society, then half the congregation loses their jobs when (for example) the local big factory closes, and thus can't make the agreed-upon payments.

How stridently does the Society go after delinquent payments?

I wonder if lately more congregations are defaulting?

• blondie
    blondie

I only personally know of one case. The WTS took control and sold the property and the congregation was dissolved and sent to 2 other KHs. I would think that the laws and policies that were on the loan agreement apply. It would make sense that the WTS would give them a reasonable amount of time to get on time since that would make more sense in a business way.

• undercover
    undercover

I haven't heard about all KH building stopping but I've heard rumblings about how the RBC goes about it's business for a while now.

It seems that while the vast majority of the rank and file don't know exactly how the RBC works and most buy into whatever they suggest, some elders on the RBC are starting to see things that don't quite jive and are speaking up. Of course, it does no good to use independant thinking in a cult, so you can surmise what happens to anyone who speaks up against the Society or the RBC...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wonder if the brothers™ will be told they don't need to donate to the kingdom hall building fund any more.

Not likely.

W

• minimus
    minimus

This just "proves" how close we are to the end of this system of things.

• flipper
    flipper

SIR82- Good thread . I think it is an indicator of the WT society admitting to themselves that growth in the witnesses has DEFINITELY slowed significantly in Canada and the U.S. and any growth remaining will occur in 3rd world countries. Not industrialized countries. So with the economy slowing and perhaps donations lessening I assume the society is going to use more of the $$$$$ from sale of buildings, etc. to go into the foreign fields. Kind of how I see it

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    I think it is an indicator of the WT society admitting to themselves that growth in the witnesses has DEFINITELY slowed significantly in Canada and the U.S. and any growth remaining will occur in 3rd world countries. Not industrialized countries.

On one of my last visits to the KH, I did a bit of counting: my congregation had just 6 women of childbearing age. Yes, just six. Three women had children; three didn't. The other twenty-nine women were in their late 50's to 70's. My congregation was shrinking because they're refusing to multiply/dying off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit