Some Single Sisters' Problems with Brothers

by friday77 31 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie
    You really think anyone's perception of a difference in the sexes is based solely on the penis? I find this to be extremely narrow minded and insulting. You're essentially classifying men as women with a penis.

you seem easily offended. I don't think men are women with penises. I think men and women are equal. But men that think they are better then women not because they are better at something, but think that they are better than women because suppossedly they were created first and the mere fact that they are men. That's wrong. Most brothers in the congo love the scriptures about women being submissive. Not because they deserve it but because they demand it. In my book those aren't real men.

Most men who are out of the org realize that women aren't treated fairly in the cult. The bothers like the rank they have. They don't have this rank because they are smarter or better, they have it merely because they are men. Some brothers put a sister down so they seem better at least to themselves.

Most men out in the real world realize that men and women have different strengths and weaknesses. But that doens't make men better then women, just different. If you think men are better for the mere fact that are men, woudl be like me saying women are better because we bring life into the world and men don't.

Like I always say a man of quality is not bothered by a woman of equality.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Friday77,

I have sent you a PM.

Scott77

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Right. It's only the brothers who are guilty of this. Gossiping and spreading vicious rumors is so far beneath the dignity of sisters and women in general. Thanks for clearing that up, everyone. *sigh*

The topic for my next thread: Why do women demand equality, yet hold men to higher standards?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Why do women demand equality, yet hold men to higher standards? (Kayser Soze).

Good topic for us from Keyser soze. I think its going to be a very hot topic as many will be defending their sexes.

Here we go.

Scott77

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    But men that think they are better then women not because they are better at something, but think that they are better than women because suppossedly they were created first and the mere fact that they are men.

I assume you meant to say 'some men'. Such a broad generalization of the way men think could be perceived as sexist.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was one of those brothers.....but I've changed!

• friday77
    friday77

Hello, everybody!

I have been reading everyone's response to this thread and I do agree wholeheartedly on how the rank and file of the org has been set up! This issue (amongst quite a few others) has been a botherment for me and some of my family members, in that some are considering staying in the org and some are thinking about leaving. . . . . It is really sad that their are class distinctions regarding race, gender, financial status, and even lookism in this faith; and I, for one, have been depressed for sometime pertaining to all of it. In fact, one of my cousins who reside in NYC knows of a number of "friends" who are seeking therapy/counselling for these very same reasons. It really comes to the point where a person, who is very concerned about his or her's own spirituality, cannot trust in "earthly men", but only in Jah!

{A P.S. to scott77: Sorry! I have been MIA, due to a family/spiritual crisis; howwever, thanks for your sending me a PM. I appreciate it.}

Will talk again soon guys,

friday 77

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I grew up in the org. and came to see that there is no room in the congregation for single people. If you don't marry right away, you become invisible and might as well not exist. The gossip is terrible, courtship (what a yucky JW word) takes place under a microscope, and people feel that they have the right to ask questions, pry, pass judgment and condemn single people for behavior that is normal and healthy. After making it nearly impossible to find a mate (another yucky JW way of putting it), they don't do anything to help single people have any kind of a life. All social life takes place around the family and if you don't have family, you are left out of everything.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The JWS men just see females as under class sex objects thats why, the men are the whole part of the grain as they have been created in god's own image,

this again goes into the power obtaining identity that religion offers men, if you don't have power outside the kingdom hall, you certainly have it

on the inside. All throughout the bible women are degraded to lower class individuals , they weren't even allowed to speak within the temples,

Jehovah even approved of raping them on occasion......and who reads the bible for social guidance, you know the answer to that.

• ziddina
    ziddina

GOOD points, Homerovah! Although some men - brothers - may have been able to function properly around women without responding to or acquiring some of the WTBTS' attitudes towards women, I think the attitudes of the vast majority of brothers were affected, to a lesser or greater degree, by the WTBTS views towards women/'wimmin'... Or as Bro Rutherford once called them, "Bags of skin, bones and hair"...

Seriously. I will try to find the link to that recorded quote from one of his talks, if anyone's interested in hearing it...

EDIT - Crap. Now I can't find it. It's in some obscure corner of one of the JW expose' sites. Storm coming - have to shut down and watch for tornadoes...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit