Nehemia Gordon and the pronunciation of the tetragrammaton

by gubberningbody 92 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am part way through the lecture.

It has been very interesting. So many parallels to the gubberningbody.

Thanks for the link.

Possible-san..... Being rude to people won't earn you any respect.

If you want to abuse people on an English speaking website, at least use good English grammar.

Try using a good grammar/spelling checker to check your posts.

Cheers

Chris

• possible-san
    possible-san

Black Sheep.

Thank you for your kind advice.
    You are an impolite man like Earnest.

You teach people a lie about the Trinity.

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• possible-san
    possible-san

Earnest,

It is not impolite to say it is a bold assertion that you make when you have no evidence for it.

Probably, I do not like that "arrogant attitude" of yours.
    I feel that those words of yours are impolite.

Probably, you always do so, and I think that you have surely pressured other people so that your foolish view may be accepted.

If I was living at the time that the Karaite Jews were using the divine name I could tell you how they pronounced it. As I am not I cannot.

I think that you "escaped" well, without explaining at all.

There are a number of reasons that I believe the divine name is not contained in existing mss of the New Testament including the large gentile composition of the Christian Church after the death of the apostles and the identification of God's name with the Jews by the Roman authorities, but it is a different thing to argue that the tetragrammaton was not included in the New Testament for which there is evidence rather than that the early Christians did not pronounce it for which there is none.

I think that you are explaining nothing.
    I asked you "what is the reason the divine name is not included in the New Testament manuscripts at all?."

You "escaped" again.
    I feel that a shallow person like you cannot explain.

possible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

To repeat myself - perhaps you should try not to call each and anyone disagreeing with you "impolite"? If you continue the way you do, you will pretty soon find yourself rather alone, I fear ...............

• possible-san
    possible-san

TheOldHippie.

Thank you for the kind advice.
    But I think that your advice is irrelevant.

Since I cannot express well in English, I express in Japanese.
    "jibun to iken wo koto ni suru dake de, tanin wo "burei" yobawari suru koto wa nai"

Various opinions are posted in my Japanese forum.
    People are writing their own opinions freely, respectively.
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/strongwings/

You should not see only the surface but you should understand well why I am angry.

Thank you for the advice.

possible

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Is there an English version of your website possible-san?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Just a few thoughts on exchanges...

Ecclesiastes 7:9,16 " Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended , for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones. Do not become righteous overmuch, nor show yourself excessively wise. Why should you cause desolation to yourself?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The Dalai Lama on anger:

1. Anger is the real destroyer of our good human qualities; an enemy with a weapon cannot destroy these qualities, but anger can. Anger is our real enemy.

2. If we live our lives continually motivated by anger and hatred, even our physical health deteriorates.

3. Anger or hatred is like a fisherman’s hook. It is very important for us to ensure that we are not caught by it.

4. We have a saying in Tibet: “If you lose your temper and get angry, bite your knuckles.” This means that if you lose your temper, do not show it to others. Rather, say to yourself, “Leave it.”

5. According to Buddhist psychology, most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities. The pursuit of the objects of our desire and attachment involves the use of aggression and competitiveness. . . These mental processes easily translate into actions, breeding belligerence.

Such processes have been going on in the human mind since time immemorial, but their execution has become more effective under modern conditions. What can we do to control and regulate these “poisons”–delusion, greed and aggression? For it is these poisons that are behind almost every trouble in the world.

5. Hatred can be the greatest stumbling block to the development of compassion and happiness. If you learn to develop patience and tolerance towards your enemies, then everything becomes much easier–your compassion towards all others begins to flow naturally.

6. Happiness cannot come from hatred or anger. Nobody can say, “Today I am happy because this morning I was angry.” On the contrary, people feel uneasy and sad and say, “Today I am not very happy, because I lost my temper this morning.”

• possible-san
    possible-san

gubberningbody.

Although your advice is thankful, I may have to say to you.

The Bible does not apply to others.
    I think that how to use your Bible may cause anger on the contrary.
    When people are angry.

Although I rarely get angry, I think that I have to say to an impolite person.
    That "you are an impolite person."

possible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

This is slowly but surely beginning to be rather boring and pathetic. If you are so angry, a good advice is always to wait for some minutes before writing, because one will otherwise very easily phrase oneself in such a way that others are offended and that oneself regrets it later on.

Everything others write to you, is impolite, does not apply to you, makes you angry - so why don't you please, please shut up voicing your constant anger and try to start a discussion in stead, where one can try to keep as polite an attitude as possible towards those with whom one does not agree? Otherwise, my advice would be - please leave, and make sure you shut the door when leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit