They make me Sick!!

by wary 31 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I'm in the same boat. At least I'm sure my wife believes what I know and what I say but is still dellusional about thinking that God will correct the matter in due time. WTS used this in the past by saying that when they were wrong, people left and in due time Jehovah corrected the matter and if these people only were faithful and stayed......... Fact is WTS hides behind God's name and continue doing same nonsense as from the start. I make fun of WTS and that bugs my wife and maybe that's not nice but hey, I'm an "apostate" so what the hell!!! Seriously though, if you can reason with her on basics of Russell beliefs. If she understands his teachings and the date that corresponded to different events. Than show her WTS articles where it decieves the reader to think that WTS was right from the start.

ex. WTS taught JC returned in 1874, last days started in 1799 and end would occur shortly after Oct 1914. If she sees that and understand that you're not making this stuff up you can reason with her why would WTS publish articles implying that they taught Christ returned in 1914? Why would they include experiences about people in the 1920s learning that Christ returned in 1914 when that teaching wasn't taught until the 1930s or so????

A book I recomment to any WTS follower is Thy Kingdom Come, it has it all! The pyramid and dates and all the other stuff you shake your head at.

Only after they understand the deception they may reason that WTS is a money making religion and not the Truth as they thought. That may still not make them leave the WTS but at least they will know you're not lying to them. I'm sure my wife knows what I say is a fact and truth about WTS but she just doesn't want to be the black sheep in the family or loose the friends she's got there. She doesn't want to deal with it and doesn't want to talk too much about it so I'm still hopeful that the time will make her leave the lie.

• wary
    wary

Reniaa said

When it comes to hoping your spouse becomes a Jw I was always taught 'to win without a word' and answer questions that were put to me but also show respect and love. this is a human I chose as a life partner why would I ruthlessly try and stop them doing anything that as a adult they have a right to choose for themselves

And thay is exactly what I will do Reniaa, but in reverse. Thanks for the great advice!

I didnt mean to sound angry, but the power and hold the WTS has had over us all gets to me.

They dont even believe correctly, merely what they are told by the WTS and as soon as that changes so do they. As I did.

Hey and thanks for all the other good advice.

wary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit