An Elder Friend is Attending a School Right Now - What School is It?

by Seeker4 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Your PO is attending a new school, one week in duration, held at Patterson.

The goal is for all elders to attend, but they are doing it 96 people at a time, so it will take many many years to cover them all.

According to our DO, they are starting with POs only, and it will take 3 years just to get through them. The schools started in January or February of 2008.

I'm not sure what the curriculum is - our PO went and is very tight-lipped about it. He's the type to blabber about any and everything, so their appeal for silence must have made a strong impression on him.

I would guess that the meeting is not much more than a cheerleading session for the "Faithful and Discrete Slave", and an organizational "how-to". Nothing pisses off the big boys like elders who don't follow directions.

Re: the "end of COs" comments above: I have a hunch that this school may be serving as a sort of "scouting" opportunity for the Service Department, to see firsthand and in person which POs are real "company men" and thus would be good fits for the newly-created position that will replace the COs. The timing fits - all the POs will have been "trained" by 2011, when the COs are (theoretically) going away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit