An Elder Friend is Attending a School Right Now - What School is It?

by Seeker4 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I just heard that an elder friend, not a PO, is attending some sort of training. Does anyone know what school is going on right now?

I also just heard that there will be a Circuit Overseer school of some sort this year. Any news on that?

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seeker4..AAG/Lance might be able to help you with your 1st question................................A C/O School?..The last new`s I heard was C/O`s are being put out to pasture..A school would seem a waste of time..Unless the WBT$ is actually going to train them to be able to take care of themselves in the outside world..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Evidently the CO in my old circuit has not been "trained," so he is going to a school and they are having a sub-CO visit.

S4

• blondie
    blondie

So far the COs have not been put out to pasture. As far as I know the COs have a refresher some time every summer and substitute COs as required.

• hubert
    hubert

Maybe he "stayed back", so has to make it up?

Whatever happened to "no child (elder) left behind"?

Hubert

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So..No more C/O`s is nothing more than Rumour..Not much point in giving a C/O a refresher,if he`s being axed..Guillotine 3............. Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm going to guess it's A School of Fish, probably unaccredited.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Not necessarily OUTLAW. Maybe said CO is going to become one of the new breed of DO? Maybe that's what the training is about?

• yknot
    yknot

Well schools seem to be abundant.....

On another thead I said our COTBOE was being replaced temporarily with a DO/CO appointed MTS....

Turns out COTBOE is not going to be gone for months but rather weeks to attend WTS school as well but it isn't the PO/COTBOE school.....

Maybe it's all part of the alledged structural changes to come.....

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah, I'm interested to see if there is anything to the end of the CO arrangement story.

They were talking about it ending at the end of Sept. this year, but we're sure not hearing anything to substantiate that.

One interesting thing, my JW ex-wife said today that ANYTHING that happens within the WTS seems to end up getting posted all over the Internet first!

Hey, keep up the good work!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit