An Elder Friend is Attending a School Right Now - What School is It?

by Seeker4 20 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/165229/1/News-from-Bethel-Heavy from July 2008 - seen over 30000 times

specifically mentions 2011 for the CO Scrapheap Challenge

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

2011 is interesting - but one of the other threads says Sept. 2009.

Strikes me as still rumor material if there are different dates floating around.

Also, if there is a CO School happening soon, which there is, it doesn't seem likely that the arrangement is ending in a few months.

S4

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It is my personal opinion that these schools are for the preperation of changes with elders and CO's......

I read your other thread about the pioneer hours vs the CO's being done away with, and I don't blame you. I think the CO has more traction just because it's a huge $$ saver for the GB..... I am not sure what the reduction of pioneer hours does other then to give pioneers more spare time to read up on apostate websites... :)

Looks interesting... There is too much going on at Borg Headquarters for these meetings to be merely "normal" meetings....

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    AllTimeJeff wrote: I am not sure what the reduction of pioneer hours does other then to give pioneers more spare time to read up on apostate websites... :)

I think that the reduction allows more to achieve the prestige goal thus linking them closer to the org. (Didn't work out that way for me but that's one of the angles they use.)

Also, less hours could mean that they have time to work (or secretely go to school). That way they can earn a little more donation money.

The time to surf apostate sites is just a bonus!

Just a couple thoughts.

-Aude.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm not sure how ending the CO arrangement is such a money saver for the WTS - essentially all the expenses are taken care of by the local congregations. They pay for the cars and insurance via a "donation" system.

S4

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

When I arrived in Cameroon, all missionaries received a letter describing how a portion of our stipend, (depending on the treatment) was to be paid for by us missionaries if we needed medical treatment. Ever since GB 2.0 got unleashed, they have cut back on every non essential full timer in Bethel, Missionaries, and Traveling Overseers.

CO's get healthcare, cars, and if the congregations do not "voluntarily" pick up the tab, then the CO's can throw their receipts at Brooklyn.

They need those donations elsewhere. They are done investing in people. Many who were at Bethel when I was there in 05 were commenting on how the heavies had their eye on those who in their opinion, took it easy..... They are watching every penny....

Here's a thought..... Are they consolidating as much as they can before they spring a major adjustment in a dogma that could cause many contributing members to leave? Just curious, but I think they are cynical enought to take that into account if thats on the table....

• besty
    besty
    Also, if there is a CO School happening soon, which there is, it doesn't seem likely that the arrangement is ending in a few months.

Opening talk - "Using Your 'Valuable Things' Wisely As The End Approaches"

Keynote Address - The Economic Crisis and You're Fired - What Does It Mean? - Donald Trump - Outplacement Mgmt Consultant

Closing Talk - Contacting Brooklyn Bethel - When That Is Not The Wise Course

I'm not sure how ending the CO arrangement is such a money saver for the WTS

Possibly more about dissolving a legal connection and anyways - stripping out a layer of managers always saves money at the Head Office as well.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

ATJ, good points. I think the 1914 Generation change showed me how cynical the GB had become.

Besty - yeah, I think there are some legal aspects to this, if it's actually happening.

S4

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

ATJ said, "Are they consolidating as much as they can before they spring a major adjustment in a dogma that could cause many contributing members to leave?"

I think this is a good question to ask. They know that 2014 is just 5 short years away. Past instances of followers leaving over false prophesies can't be far from their minds. They also must be suffering, as other religions are, from the current economic crisis. It seems to me that they are trying to get their financial ducks in a row in anticipation of a serious drop in income.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I would guess that the current stock market crisis must have had a huge impact on the WTS's investments.

Dartmouth College just announced that they've lost $1 billion, about a quarter of their endowment. I would assume the same is true of the
    WTS.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit