Jesus' Sacrifice. You call that a sacrifice?

by ThomasCovenant 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe
    John Doe
    it will all be sorted out in the end.

What makes you think that?

• snowbird
    snowbird

One thread at a time, John Doe.

Don't make me go oomph ...

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

I would suggest "The Open Boat" by Stephen Crane. Might balance your perspective a bit.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Stephen Crane of the Red Badge of Courage fame?

It rings a faint bell.

Sylvia

• John Doe
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Was Jesus the Son of God who died for mankind? I don't know. But all I know is that it's easy for any of us to sit here and claim that it 'wasn't much of a sacrifice', when we haven't a clue what it would really be like to go through something like that.

If he wasnt the Son of God, if he wasnt the Messiah which is pretty obvious because none of his promises came to be.

Then it wasnt a sacrafice.

It was an execution.

Thats a big difference, He didnt die for anyone, He was executed.

Thats if he even existed.

There is no eye witness accounts of anyone ever seeing the Fleshly Jesus.

It's possible he is just a myth and one of many messiahs who left empty unfulfiled promises.

Hope is the carrot the Gods, masters want every one to chase after.

To keep them asleep and not awake and alive today.

The only day there is.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, that link isn't working, but you can find the story there. Has about the best opening lines of any short story I've seen:

NONE of them knew the color of the sky. Their eyes glanced level, and were fastened upon the waves that swept toward them.

• Frank75
    Frank75

It's like realizing Star Trek isn't real but still believing Star Wars is...

They aren't!.....Sigh...

Frank75

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Both of us should be given the widest of latitude in this regard.

No, reason, thought and logic should be given latitude blind faith in something easily disproved should be given NOTHING...

Just like a scientist who thinks he can create gasoline from bacteria and has a reasonable peer reviewed hypothesis should be given grants and latitude, a known con man who claims he can turn water to gas by adding a "secret pill" which he refused so show or share should be given NOTHING but disdain...

Same here! I can prove that Jesus changed NOTHING. I can prove that you can't talk to animals you can't walk on water you can't stop the sun you can't burn a bush and have voices come out you can't flood the entire planet you can't live in a whale you can't live 900 years etc etc etc... You say "my faith is worth as much as your science! We BOTH deserve latitude..." NO, no you do not...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mkr, you and I are both free to believe whatever and however we wish.

This is the year 2009, a new year. I'm thankful for just being here.

I couldn't care less about your juvenile temper tantrum.

The End.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit