Jesus' Sacrifice. You call that a sacrifice?

by ThomasCovenant 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

''Son, I want you to go down to earth and eventually get killed. Then I'll bring you back to life in heaven asap''

How the hell do 'christians' justify calling that a sacrifice?

Throughout human history I assume there have been 'real' sacrifices for loved ones.

I got to thinking too that if 1 day is as a 1000 years then Little J was on earth for about the equivalent of 48 minutes of our time (helluva an ordeal)

and was dead for about 7 seconds.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzuxyq3ltls

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• byebyeborg
    byebyeborg

I never believed it much of a sacrifice. Now, if he had been left dead forever and ever that would have been a sacrifice! But jehoober tried to fool us into believing it was equal to the death of adam. He has failed to convice me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    How the hell do 'christians' justify calling that a sacrifice?

He existed as God, and humbled himself to being among the lowest of men. Men seek glory and power, Jesus renounced both. The sacrifice was more than just a bodily one, he suffered the pain of separation from the Father with which he had shared eternity (Eli, lama sabakthani?), and in that instant, bore the entire repugnant weight of all the sin and filth of the world on his shoulders.

I got to thinking too that if 1 day is as a 1000 years then Little J was on earth for about the equivalent of 48 minutes of our time (helluva an ordeal)

and was dead for about 7 seconds.

This is a metaphor that was written down for us that exist in time, as time has no meaning in eternity: eternity is timelessness. It is not literal a literal translation between "god time" and "man time". Also, Jesus died as all men died, and his soul went to the same place that the soul of all men went. Google the "harrowing of Hell".

You are looking at the mere physicality of Jesus' experience (which was horrible enough), but you do not mention the spiritual aspects, which are the most important ones.

BTS

• Robert7
    Robert7

I agree. This "incredible sacrifice" just never really added up. Never understood how the suffering of BILLIONS, can be redeemed by one man's death. A death where he knew he'd be resurrected.

I agree that if Jesus were to die forever, then that could be argued to be a sacrifice. What about the men who fight and die, who don't have this guarantee to be resurrected? Now that's a sacrifice.

This seems to be another 'skirting around the issue', like how women can't teach on stage, but can speak to each other on stage and be overheard by the congregation. Jesus will technically die, but will actually take a 3 day nap, and life will resume as normal. Nice loophole.

• watson
    watson
    I agree that if Jesus were to die forever, then that could be argued to be a sacrifice

Good point. If the sacrafice was to balance the Adamic sin and death, then wouldn't it make sense that Jesus would not be resurected? Now THAT would be a sacrafice.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well the really shitting thing about DEATH is the BEING DEAD PART! As soon as he was 'resurrected' his sacrifice (such as it was) was undone anyway!

Here's my illustration. If your Dr told you. I've got this new technique that will allow you to live FOREVER. It hurts like a raggedy bitch but once done you'll be immortal. We have to skin you and turn you inside out and then whale the living shit out of you with baseball bats for a solid week and oh yeah pain meds won't work during the procedure. But, once done you'll look fine and be in perfect health forever! Do you want it?

How many people are going to say no? Much less if 'oh yeah and you'll be a KING forever too!' It's ridiculous!

He suffered a death that while it was bad is FAR FAR FAR from the worse death that anyone has ever suffered! In fact many of his followers suffer far worse at the hand of other followers! I heard of a woman the other day during the inquisition who was hung by her arms behind her back for 51 DAYS to try to get a confession of witchcraft. She never did confess and finally was burned alive. Um Jebus didn't even COMPARE to that! And if you believe that he sat on his ass in heaven and WATCHED that? I would kill him again if it was in my power! Sick sick SICK religion!

• Robert7
    Robert7

Here's another question. Why did a sacrifice ever have to be made in the first place?

Jehovah created all laws, and he can obviously break many of them (walk on water, live in a fish, spontaneous creation of food, stop the SUN, etc). So why not change the sacrificial laws to not require his own son to die? Just fix the problem and move on instead of trying to prove some asynine point and make billions suffer.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

That ransom thing is so bogus. I mean I struggled to try and explain that when I gave the memorial talk. Never could get it right. In fairness to JWs though that's a Christian belief. And it makes no sense there either.

Isaac

• loosie
    loosie

Well what I never understood about the sacrifice is that Jah had the power to resurect. We don't. So telling us that we should be willing to let our child die because of a blood transfusion was no different that Jah letting Jesus die for us... was BS. We can't resurrect our child God can.,.. or so he says.

And Jah makes the rules. He is the one that said hey Satan tricked Eve therefore someone has to die so everyone can live again. He made those rules. so who was Jesus sacrifice paid too? Not Satan. Satan didn't asked for Jesusto die. Jah did. It's his game he makes the rules.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

And if he's the Almighty why can't he just waive his so called rules and forgive man who never sinned anyway because they weren't born yet? He wants us to be forgiving. WT is trying to explain everything in the Bible and trying to make it fit logicvally just manages to sound incredibly stupid.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit