2008 Annual Report on web

by Dogpatch 64 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    I'd be curious if someone who is still "in" can tell us whether the elders received a different set of instruction this year with regard to counting the "annointed?" Or is this all accounted for by the May article that appeared to open heaven's doors?

Actually, I haven't heard of any instructions at all being given over the past few years.

Then again, in the congregations I've been in, there haven't been any partakers. Perhaps stuff like this is reviewed only where there is a "risk" of partakers?

In any case, there have been no official BOE letters or CO instructions recently about counting or not counting.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The increase in the planet's population is such that each year that "Jehovah waits to bring Armageddon" equals an additional 70 million people whose throats will be cut by Jesus and His Executionary forces.

I like reminding JWs of this.

They think it's so "loving" for Jehovah to wait, while never thinking of the actual consequences of his "waiting".

Complete nonsense.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

leavingwt, I think the JWs probably first used that reasoning before there was any kind of effort to accurately tell how many people lived on earth and how many were born daily! But the dumbasses just keep using a line of reasoning that doesn't make any sense!

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

The increase in the planet's population is such that each year that "Jehovah waits to bring Armageddon" equals an additional 70 million people whose throats will be cut by Jesus and His Executionary forces.

I like reminding JWs of this.

ROFLMAO....if it wasn't so sad.

I used this reasoning with a few witnesses > to no avail ! You know what they told me? Hold on......

"Yeah, it isn't quite like that.....at the final end Jehobear will scan read all they're hearts and quickly evaluate if they're good to go and finally in his great mearcy come up with surprise survivors"

Me: "Then, why do we have to preach like nutcases and do as if it depended on us? Why not have the big bear read hearts and avoid us making stupid mistakes?"

StupidBrother: "No, no, no....you don't understand....the preaching is only to keep us busy and undistracted from the world...and to see who is zealous and loyal....."

Me: "But there is the explanation from Ezekiel that we would be blood guilty if we don't warn others...this is actually used by the Society...."

StupidBrother: "Aaahhh, there is another explanation......peu887;jdf;ajdf;lajfa***&$^"

Me: WTF!!!

It is like many here have explained: they put up with ANYTHING, if the Slavebugger says that green Smurfs are pooping annointed ones than they will gladly eat that explanation!

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

hey fadeout, what if they get to a point of reporting 145,000 partaking?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

"Why not have the big bear read hearts and avoid us making stupid mistakes?" as they pause for a split second, in the sudden realization that such a question was not even in the official database... Dogz

• oompa
    oompa
    007: But who is it that is pressuring the publishers to turn in fake reports? It is the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself--if they don't turn in fake times, the hounders will start hounding them (and often turn in fake time in their behalf).

This reminds me of the genius of my friend Bonnzo...he told me he and his wife always turn in 6 hours a month even though going out only 1hour or less...so why is that? He said it is the perfect number...any more hours and it may look like you are "reaching out" for miniserv or aux. pioneer canidate, so you would be hounded......any less and you may be hounded because you are then obviously "spiritually weak"....so six is just right...lmao..................oompa

• oompa
    oompa
    redpill2006: "Yeah, it isn't quite like that.....at the final end Jehobear will scan read all they're hearts and quickly evaluate if they're good to go and finally in his great mearcy come up with surprise survivors"

Red i had this exact same discussion recently with an old friend...he even told me WT has never taught that ONLY JW's will survive armageddon!...the next day i handed him three pages of WT quotes that say EXACTLY that!....and not just JW's ONLY....but only JW's "actively proclaiming the good news!"..........oompa

if yo want the three pages of quotes i will send them btw.......

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Thanks for the numbers. You guys certainly give us the food at the proper time. LOL

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Looks like the average publisher is responsible for 18.16 hours per month (total hours / 12 / av. publishers)

But what is the proportion of the total hours that pioneers are responsible for. According to my calculations, 193,191,600 hours are due to activities of auxiliary pioneers (total aux. pioneers x 12 x 50) and 615,646,080 hours (total reg. pioneers x 12 x 70) are due to the activities of regular pioneers, resulting in a total of 808,837,680 hours. That's 54.3% of the total number of hours (with pioneers making up 15.4% of the average number of publishers).

So how productive is the average non-pioneer publisher? Subtracting the number of pioneers from the total average number of publishers, we have 5,774,557 average non-pioneer publishers. And subtracting the number of pioneer hours from the total number of hours, we have a total of 679,820,569 hours for non-pioneer publishers. That yields an average of 9.81 hours per month for the typical publisher.

Just a hair below the mininum.

It would also be interesting to see how the ratio of pioneers and av. publishers changes over the years. That might be a better indicator of increase or decrease in zeal, as the pioneers are the "core" workers that the organization depends on.

Edit: Of course, there are a few assumptions in the computation above. A typical pioneer might put in more hours than the minimum, or maybe some might miss the minimum one month. Needless to say, if pioneers put in on average more hours than the minimum, then the average hours for non-pioneers goes down even further accordingly. Still it might be a good index to track changes over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit