NEW KM style

by stillajwexelder 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Doubting Bro I agree it is strange they are dropping the statistics from the KM just when the figures seemed to be getting slightly better for them.

I would not have predicted this change at all. I said that elsewhere.

But now that it has happened it does seem to me that it points to gradual withdrawal of publishing any statistics. And if they stop publishing the statistics then it seems clear to me that they will stop collecting them too. That only makes sense. Where is the motivation to report if you never see any results? They must have realised that surely. So I can only assume that dropping reporting the numbers means they are preparing to stop collecting them.

Maybe they are planning to reorient the whole outlook of how Jehovah's Witnesses operate. Yes it would be a massive change. It would essentially do away with all sorts of notions about how to appoint elders or even how to define who is an active Witness and who is not. The prestige of being a pioneer would be out the window too.

Remember there was that bold statement someone highlighted from the January WT that looking after fellow brothers and sisters is just as important as the ministry. That might not be an entirely new thought but then it is not something they point out every day either. So that might also be an indication they are moving away from focus on the field ministry.

I am trying to join the dots here and make sense of it, but I admit it is not easy to do.

I guess we will just need to wait a few years to see if there is truly some sort of long term strategy at work here and what the direction is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SBF..I think it`s "Damage Control"..Information censorship has just been stepped up a notch...................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

ahh ahh ahh (((( appearance of mainstreaming )))) choooo

Time to retire the horse and cart business model for a sleeker more attractive hybrid.....

and they aren't even waiting until Teddie is dead....... (how is Bro Jack ...anyone know?)

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

SBF said:

Remember there was that bold statement someone highlighted from the January WT that looking after fellow brothers and sisters is just as important as the ministry. That might not be an entirely new thought but then it is not something they point out every day either. So that might also be an indication they are moving away from focus on the field ministry.

But doesn't that make a complete nonsense of the drama in the summer conventions about Scoliosis being wrong for doing good works on not focusing on the preaching? Sometimes it really feels like the right hand don't know what the left hand is doing at the headquarters!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Thats the first time I've seen a KM in many years about 15

• sir82
    sir82
    But doesn't that make a complete nonsense of the drama in the summer conventions about Scoliosis being wrong for doing good works on not focusing on the preaching? Sometimes it really feels like the right hand don't know what the left hand is doing at the headquarters!

Interesting thought. There have been reports on this forum and elsewhere, going back many years, regarding a rift betwen the writing department and the service department.

Are some the changes we are seeing, some seeming to "lighten the load" (e.g., one less meeting might per week), others more harsh (e.g., merely recommending college can get you canned as a elder), the result of compromise & negotiations?

"OK, Brother Jaracz, we'll give you condemnation of college if you agree to cut back one meeting night."

Sort of like a parliamentary form of government having to form a coalition to get anything done? Signs of a deepening rift?

• yknot
    yknot

Sir82 .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Interesting thought. There have been reports on this forum and elsewhere, going back many years, regarding a rift betwen the writing department and the service department.

Me! I was going to say that same thing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

By the way, staring in January 2009, per a recent BOE letter, field service reports are now due to the Society on the 20th of the month, not the 6th. The letter did not say why.

To me this IS quite a BIG change

• lrkr
    lrkr

My 2 cents:

This is another episode in the ongoing battle between the Writing Department and the Service Department. The Writing department prepares books, magazines, etc. and feels quite proud of their work (supress the gag reflex). The Service Department has always prepared the Kingdom Ministry (or Kingdom Service,or whatever) and its drab style, repitious and boring content, and uninspired graphics have always been a source of embarrasment to Writing, who feel that they should be preparing it (it is written after all). Service always jealously guarded the KM as the one printed product and meeting that they could control. I doubt that Writing took over the KM- but it looks like a compromise happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit