They Found Me

by keyser soze 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"Their response, without refuting any of my points, was to ask me if I had read any apostate literature, and then asked me if I still believed it was the truth."

Remember the old 'answer a question - with a question?' To their question, you should answer...
    "Do you consider older WTBTS literature apostate literature?"

Then leave it at that. If they pursue their first question - just say 'goodbye'.

You don't need to fear these people... they're small potatoes in the larger scheme of life.

If it were me - I wouldn't meet with them - keep postponing any such meeting. If you want - set up a meeting - then don't make it. (Gee... I forgot. Or... Gee... I was busy at work. Sorry.)

Also - if you need to set up a meeting - make it at a public place. This way, they are thrown off balance a bit. By 'public place', I mean a place like a coffee shop - or similar place where any scene can make them look foolish. (It also makes 'prayer' a bit more difficult for them.) And another thing. THEY are trying to set up the meeting time. Don't allow that to happen. YOU set the meeting time. Make it inconvenient for THEM! Like... if they meet on Thursday evenings at the KH - make sure that you let them know that your busy schedule only allows you to have Thursday evenings free... could they meet you at Starbuck's at around 8pm?

Don't let them in to your home. They don't need to know what the inside of your home looks like.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Jim TX

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

But I'm going to have to deal with the inevitable and face them at some point.

No you won't. They will likely stop by this wknd, but who says you have to answer the door? And now that you won't be answering your cell when you don't recognize the number, stopping by will be their only means of trying to contact you, and I can almost guarantee that they will give up, at least for a while, after three tries.

They're under pressure because of the DO/CO visit, but they're only human - they'll ramp up their attempts to corner you from time-to-time, but it won't be a constant situation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Just say you are very busy in your life with other things , but you appreciate their concern , you were stumbled and just can't bring yourself to go anymore. Then say, " I need to go , goodbye. "

I have to chime in and agree with Flipper. You can duck for awhile, but this is
    probably easier than the full argument.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Key,

Keep a printout of the NBC pedophile story http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/

and the "clergy-penitant privilege" that elders used in an effort to protect a pedophile in the Kingdumb Haul http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21716/convicted-molester-sentenced-to-45-years-to-life & http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_C_trial06.439464c.html

In light of scriptures such as:

(James 1: 27) The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

It's a simple question of whether JWs would rather protect pedophiles and be "formal worshippers" (James 1:26), or protect children and be clean before God. Is this just a small matter? Here's what Jesus had to say about "small things":

(Luke 16:10) the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much.

If you want to be confrontational, you can ask, "By what authority do the elders sidestep the Superior Authority (Romans chap. 13) efforts to protect children from molesters and liars such as Gilbert Simental?" Doing the math on the NBC story shows the Society spending $12.5 in hush money. Where did that money come from along with all the court costs involved? Was it donations sent to Watch Tower Corporation for that purpose of protecting perverts? Or was it money that worshippers had sent to finance the World Wide Work? What "Work" is that exactly?

(Romans 13:2) 2 Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves.

Then if they try to hit you with the "Are you an apostate?" you can just say, "That would depend on how you answer my question. Have JWs removed themselves from the arrangement of God? Are they so righteous that they will tell God what he is to bless?" Matt. 21:23-27 is Jesus example of not giving an answer without the questioner disclosing their motive.

If you get a visit, focus on the CO or DO, they're the company men that are paid representatives of Watch Tower Corporation with the fancy leased cars and insurance paid for by the poor widows in the organization.

B the X

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I am so sorry for you. We are in the same boat, keep the drapes drawn on Saturday mornings and never ever answer the phone to an unknown number. I hate it when they get the kids when they are outside, we laugh about it and say "your on your own soldier, then we run for our lives". A "concerned" family member must have given your number thinking they were helping, I used to do that myself.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

It’s a tough choice. You need to think what you really want. Do you want to be DFed or DAed? Do you have family in the "truth’ that you still want to keep in touch with…? You need to think about the outcome, if you do have friends or family who you do not want to loose, then it might be best to go to some meetings every bluemoon just to keep them happy, or if you don’t have any friends or family in the ‘truth’ then let them do want they want. DA yoursefl, or tell them do you don't care... but thinki carefully, don't just DF or DA.... its esier to drift away...or if u have freinds or family go to a meeting every few months..its don't that bad! i know that there are alot of posts on this thread so i don't know if you will read this, but I really think this is good advice.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just do not make yourself available to them. Make sure they know they are not to stop in unannounced and must call and make an appointment. Ignore them. Your time is your time alone.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Tell them you don't accept unsolicited visits or phone calls. You know where the kingdom hall is, and if you feel like going you are able to do so without their coersion.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit