They Found Me

by keyser soze 27 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't know how, but they found me. Not the feds, and not the IRS. I wish. The local elders found me.

I was on my way to meet some people after work when my cell phone rings. It was a number I didn't recognize, but against my better judgment, I answered it. He tells me he's an elder from the local congregation. He says they have the CO and DO visiting this week, and that they were paying visits to some 'friends' in the area. He then proceeded to verify my address with me.(WTF? I'm going to kill the person who gave them my address and cell number) He tried to set up a time for a visit on Thanksgiving day, but I said I wouldn't be around. Then I lied and said I was working on Friday. He asks "What about Saturday, in the morning?" I said I didn't know what I had going on just yet. He asked if he could call back at another time to set something up. At this point I just want to get rid of him, so I said sure.

I'm not worried about him calling back, as I now know better than to answer the phone when I don't recognize the number. What's bothering me is that they now know where I live, and can just drop by anytime. I haven't heard from a JW in the two plus years I've been at this address. It was a nice ride while it lasted. I can put them off for a while, I suppose. But I'm going to have to deal with the inevitable and face them at some point. If it wasn't for the family I still had in, I would just tell them to piss off. This happened in the last territory I lived in, as well. I guess there is no graceful way to leave.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Move.

StAnn

• asilentone
    asilentone

I live in gated community, if you can find gated community to live in that would be good for you!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The usual two options:

1) Tell them to go to hell

2) Play the game - you have simply forgotten to go to meetings for 2+ years and are grateful for their reminder

• Vinny
    Vinny

My wife also has faded and simply tells them she doesn't want to talk about it any more. For example just try this:

Hello..

Dear Brother Keyser, your local elder, the CO and DO all want to get together with you...

But I hope you do not allow them to continue to intimidate you, which appears to be happening right now. Take control of the situation! It's very easy to do if you set your mind on it.

All the best,

Vinny

• oompa
    oompa

thanks for the alert keyser....and ya i love your avatar and the series.....and now we all know to just answer that we are holiday in another country...or have moved there..........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You should have told them you were me..Nobody can find me..I have no idea were I am..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Purza
    Purza
    .(WTF? I'm going to kill the person who gave them my address and cell number)

Do you have any idea who gave them your info?

Purza

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

LOL these guys are like bloodhounds.
    This is like the KGB,Gestapo, CIA all rolled into one to find your personal information.
    The CO,DO just happen to be in town and now the elders would like to stop by for a short visit. Dang keyser you must rate high on their list. They bringing in the heavy artillery for you.
    Words to the wise. If you feel you must go thru this meeting get a small recording device.
    Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and wish you would have. You'd be amazed how easy it is for them to forget what was said at such a meeting. The absolute beauty of this situation is you call the shots at home.
    What I mean by this is at the KH they would have much more of an upper hand. At your house don't be afraid to get up when you wish to go use the restroom. Ask them if they would like a glass of water or some other drink. Be hospitable.
    Another big plus is at home my phone usually rings every so many minutes from friends or family or telemarketers whatever. A nice distraction to keep things from being to overly formal.
    And once again at home you call the shots. When you've had enough look them in the eyes and say well brothers its been great catching up on old times and showing concern for me but alas life once again calls and I've things to get done. Grab your carkeys in hand and shake them ever so graciously as expecting an appointment. And never lie about leaving. Get in your car after they leave and drive to the store around the block whatever you need to do to feel justified. That way if they see your car leaving they can feel confident that it wasn't a total blowoff by you.
    And no hurt feelings all the way around. But thats just my take on things.
    I've had about 4 visits by the PO and SEC together over the last 2 and a half months and had great discussions with them everytime.

I thrive on spontaneity and stimulus

wishing you the best possible turnout for your situation,
    StoneWall

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Do you have any idea who gave them your info?

If I had to take a guess, I would say my oldest brother. He's a substitute CO and knows everyone in the congregations around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit