Giving Credit Where It's Due To Witnesses

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    The thing about those types----they're completely sanctioned by the Organization. They're viewed as "exemplary" and yet they never help a baptized person in need because they can't count their time. Very Christian, huh?

right, or ever come by to see you unless in service!

cripes, ruining your thread!

purps

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, I was TRYING to be positive......oh well.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Min-

When I was pioneering and very broke, there were quite a few brothers and sisters who treated me like they would have treated Jesus. It is a shame they were mandated to shun me. I will never forget those acts of decency and kindness. Yes, we must not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It is a shame they were mandated to shun me.

It is a shame. That is why those who mandated shunning bear the greatest responsibility for it.

Sylvia

• reniaa
    reniaa

lovely thread minimus :)

• minimus
    minimus

i knew you'd be happy.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Reinna,

I guess they treated you like shit too. You have nothing to add, I see.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I have the admit, although very conditional, the 'brotherhood' was very nice. You always had a group of kind hearted, well-meaning, and willing people to help others out in times of need.

For example, I was selling an old car worth about $2200. We had a very handicapped (and very poor) brother who was driving such a bad car it was dangerous. Many people chipped in $100 each and we all donated my car to this brother. I ended up eating about $600 of that cost myself as my 'dontation'. I was very proud to help out a man in need, and I still do not regret this.

Amazing how this same kind group will f*ck you over, and no where did any of my kind actions matter when I stopped going to meetings. Loyalty to the Organization won over good deeds.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I am glad Minimus... some times we forget that some of those JW folks are really good people stuck in a junky culture.

Hill

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny. I have relatives that totally ignore me while in the same room, and others (JWs) that will speak to me in almost an affectionate way. Some are Pharisees and others try to act like Christ would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit