Giving Credit Where It's Due To Witnesses

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mom has had to go to a number of doctor's visits that have at times kept her waiting for 4 hours. Many Witnesses have responded to her needs by calling her and helping her out. I've thanked a few who have greatly assisted her. One young elder's wife said, "It is my PRIVILEGE". She's a very sweet person and most genuine. Others have made her feel as though they are not burdened, which makes her feel so much better.

Typically I point out the negatives about the religion but in fairness, I must give credit where credit is due.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Minimus, I like you more each day!

On Sunday, my daughter's car broke down. An elder and his wife stayed with her until the tow truck arrived, drove her home, and even chatted a little with me! Just a little chat, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

The Light is shining in the darkness, and the darkness can't overcome Him.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

I just don't attribute it to their being jws, but they would have done it even if they had never heard of jws.

• undercover
    undercover

Good thread...

I've always tried to remember that most dubs are people who are trying to do the right thing. They're trapped in a cult and don't know it. Their behavior is conditioned into them.

Despite some of the rotten things that we've experienced, there are some good things about them as people.

Many of the friends have helped my aging parents as well. My parents are perfectly happy as JWs and enjoy the friendships they have had for decades. There's no reason for me to burst their bubble this late in their life. I'm grateful to the "friends" that care for my parents and who assist them when I or my siblings can't.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They have created the largest army of (mostly) honest window washers the planet has ever seen.

• shamus100
    shamus100

There are a few people that need religion to be good. That is so pathetic. If they didn't have it, they would fly off the deep end. It's been hammered into our heads at the kingdumb hall countless times that we will all end up murderers, homosexuals, thieves, or baby-shakers if we leave. We need Jehovah to be good to our fellow-man. It's false.

It's natural to want to help people out. It's human.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My mother lives in another state. I never worry that she is getting taken care of. She is in a very close congo. They all look after each other.

When I was in, I had many that helped me out.

I never wanted to know what I found out about the organization, it has had it's consequences. I miss many people that are in the JW religion.

I was fortunate to know many good people.

purps

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that nice people will be nice regardless of the religion they're in. But I've seen many "nice" people who became radical JWs and would rather spend their time pioneering and knocking on doors rather than help the needy within their Hall.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

true mini, and alot of JW's won't help others .....outside the religion, if they can't turn time in for it.

well i guess they could lie.

purps

• minimus
    minimus

The thing about those types----they're completely sanctioned by the Organization. They're viewed as "exemplary" and yet they never help a baptized person in need because they can't count their time. Very Christian, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit