regular dub vs. 144K dub

by ellderwho 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Jw doctrine teaches that humans do not have a spirit that continues on after death......so.........

How is the element manifested inside the human form that enables a heaven bound Witness to continue on to heaven? And why are they automatically given robes, and their clean and spotless before the lamb?

Since the great crowd dub has to work and wait for perfection does this mean Christs' ransom was of greater value for the 144K?

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Oh Ya, they get to go right to heaven and get instant perfection while we if we make it through Armegeddon which will be an absolute nightmare you get to go through it all over again once he releases Satan one more time after the thousand year reign. Talk about torture. what a loving God for putting you through all this. It sure is a wonderful life indeed!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

number 1,

Also regarding armageddon, is the fact that making it through to the "new system" alive is in direct contradiction of what the Bible teaches as far as the wages of sin being death. And all men are appointed to die.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Exactly. what about the people who are resurrected after armegeddon, there sins are paid for since they died so why would they need to go through Satan being released one last time. It all makes no sense to me anyomore.

After wakeing up to the witnesses you question everything.

Were like the lowest forms of life right next to animals, The Angels must look at us in amazement how stupid we are.

Were like Gods Experiment gone wrong, He probly thinks just leave them alone and those anmals will just kill themselves off. lol

I don't get also why he would flood the world knowing in the future it would just get bad all over again.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    I don't get also why he would flood the world knowing in the future it would just get bad all over again.

Something to do with wiping out the Nephilim I think. Still a strange way to go about it, considering he found it a fairly trivial matter to just instantly strike dead anyone he didnt like.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Exactly,Sounds reasonable. It's like in War we used to carpet bomb the place now we have laser and satelite guided missiles to pinpoint who we want to kill. Don't you think a creator who creates the Universe could come up with something better than carpet bombing everyone on the planet with a massive flood because of the Nephilim. hehehehheeh all this stuff really cracks me up anymore.

Gotto love it though! lol

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Interesting questions.

On your first question, I think JW's would say that those who are resurrected to heaven are created anew into spirit beings from God's memory. The JW's teach that all the dead are merely in God's memory, like a gigantic memory bank of everyone's DNA and personality blueprint I guess you could say, and when they are resurrected (to either heaven or earth) they are 'recreated'. There is no need for anything deathless in the body to survive for this to happen, JW's would say. I think the JW's view on this is pretty reasonable.

As for your question about earthly survivors of Armageddon, their answer would be that only those who are under the ransom can survive. JW's would say these ones are the Great Crowd who survive because of having white robes washed in the blood of the lamb.

What is perhaps a better question is why should everyone else who dies at Armageddon not receive a resurrection back to earth. What difference does the timing of their death make? It would be grossly unfair for God to resurrect billions who died before Armageddon but not those who die during Armageddon (unless they have committed the unforgiveable sin). But you make a good point though, which I think proves that everyone must die at Armageddon who is not covered by the ransom (BUT they will get a second chance by resurrection back to earth).

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

elderwho: yes the ransom was of greater value to the 144 000 as they are considered heirs alongside with christ - they are his brothers & sisters, kings & priests just as christ is king & priest. Regular dubs, by association with his brothers, have the hope of being part of the great crowd that stream to the throne.

As for them changing into spirit form - nothing is impossible for Jehovah, he can do anything as he is god almighty - or grand god - or grandfather god...something like that. He is higher than the king of kings - so I don't know what that role is called.

Appointed to die: I think that scripture carries on to say "appointed to die once..." not too sure. The witnesses can interperate that to mean a spiritual death and not literal. Remember they are pretty good at choosing what is figurative and what is literal and will have their sneaky ways of "proving" this.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Something to do with wiping out the Nephilim I think. Still a strange way to go about it, considering he found it a fairly trivial matter to just instantly strike dead anyone he didnt like.

Even so, the Flood was not effective if indeed that was the purpose of it. Genesis 6:4 reveals that there were still Nephilim on the earth even after the flood.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I believe the 144K is mentioned in OT and Revelation.

But do you think Jesus ever made any mention of his cabinent members? Don't you think this might be an important clue if Jesus never spoke of any such thing? Does He uphold this theory? The 144K was a different covenant. Didn't Jesus come to offer a New Covenant, which would have deleted the Old covenent?

What does Jesus say about the 144 K? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/167771/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit