Nov 15 WT - stumbled over a teaching? There's no where else to go!!!

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

John 6:68 :...Jesus had just asked peter if he wanted to follow someone else...:Peter answered ...Lord {WHOM} ...(not where) ... shall we go to? YOU have sayings of everlasting life....Peter was acknowledging that their is NOWHERE ELSE TO, GO TO BUT THE CHRIST . Peter knew there was nowhere else to go because JESUS had "sayings of everlasting life"...He does not say Lord{ WHERE}(not whom) shall we go away to? THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY has sayings of everlasting life. IN a nutshell Witnesses have been led to beleive that there is nowhere else to go, to worship God apart from the Watchtower Society They change Peter`s words from referring to the PERSON of Jesus Christ to the ORGANIZATION of the watchtower society. How dishonest is that ?

smiddy

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I have more spirituality and joy in my life now than I ever did as a JW.

Same here.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Have those who stopped associating with the Christian congregation found another place where there is rich spiritual food?No, for there is none!

This is a total lie!

I have found deep spirituality outside of the witnesses and I have met countless spiritual people who are not JWs.

Sirona

• penny2
    penny2

I'm quite happy with "no where to go."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What "joy(??)" This is the "joy(??)" I left:

(1) Having someone telling me to visit their place on Thanksgiving and Christmas so I wouldn't celebrate. Of course, the place is extremely blah.

(2) Dreading the Christmas music that is going to be there, whether I like it or not.

(3) Having to throw away just about every piece of music because someone might be stumbled.

(4) Endless field circus, whether I feel like going out or not.

(5) Getting my hair cut when, where, and how someone else tells me.

(6) Wearing a sickly olive-green suit out in field circus and at all the boasting sessions.

(7) Having to go to boasting sessions, no matter what.

(8) Being told what brands of everything to use.

(9) Wasting my money on a call book and "sheep cards" that are outrageously expensive because someone tells me that he wants me to use them.

(10) Having to be cold toward worldly people because the witlesses claim them to be infested with demons.

(11) Giving up my Internet, along with my apostate web sites.

(12) Having to believe every little thing the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells me, instead of what I reasonably believe is the truth.

And so much more--if that's what is waiting for me when I return,

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Have those who stopped associating with the Christian congregation found another place where there is rich spiritual food?

Try this place: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I just finished reading the first two articles in the Nov 15 Watchtower. It's funny how they try to make people think that all of us who are "inactive" are miserable. I was never happy as a JW. I didn't start being happy until I left. My family can't get it through their thick heads that I'm not coming back. Articles like these just makes them sink deeper into their delusion that all you need to be happy is "to serve Jehovah".

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

One of the biggest things that pisses me off --more than just about anything-- is that you can be a weak slob of a sinner and cause all manner of harm to yourself and others and yet be completely forgiven, but if you simply disagree with their version of the "truth," you're as good as dead. I guess that goes beyond JWs and to the heart of Christianity itself.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Since the writer of this Watchtower article has to remain anonymous and all the writers including the sisters assigned to write these articles must stay behind the cloak of anonymity, it must be the head of the writing department who then passes the article on to one or more of the Governing Body members for approval, yay! nay! etc.

Its obvious that it is all cut and paste from former articles in their bank of Watchtower articles that are written for this time of the year to set up the 2008 yearbook numbers. Look! See! How many inactive ones have returned to the fold. Our numbers are increaseing!

Blueblades YAWN!

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

"I have more spirituality and joy in my life now than I ever did as a JW." me too! i was depressed and anxious as a dub. glad i left fo the 2nd and last time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit