Nov 15 WT - stumbled over a teaching? There's no where else to go!!!

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• The Missus
    The Missus
    Some may have left God's flock because they did not agree with some Scriptural publishing company's teaching.

There! I'll agree to that statement

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sidebar . . . page 12 par 1

When Peter asked Jesus: "Lord, to whom shall we go?" . . .

Jesus didn't say go to Jehovah.

Hmmmm . . . wonder why?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Have those who stopped associating with the Christian congregation found another place where there is rich spiritual food?

Watching Oprah Winfry

Associating with non-jehovah's witness Christian's who have empathy for others and do what they can to help.

This forum

Those are just a few, hell I got more spiritual food watching Bill Mahar's movie Religulous then I did going to Kingdum halls for 28 years.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the rich spiritual food of tolerating and welcoming pedophiles

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Was It a Problem With a Teaching?

Better questions:

Was there a problem with being a molested child or battered wife?

Were you sick and tired of nut jobs in NY telling you what can and can't be done in your marital bed?

Is it upsetting that there are friends and family who you're not allowed to speak to?

Do you have a problem with not being permitted to study outside of your religion?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I would beg to differ with their analysis. I have more spirituality and joy in my life now than I ever did as a JW.

I remember talking once to another former Witness about the way the WT misapplies that scripture and turns it into self-serving propaganda. He said, "That's not a reason to stay in a religion, just because you don't think there's anything better out there." He was right. But they would like nothing more than for their followers to believe it so they won't leave.

And as far as spiritual food is concerned, you don't have to call a starving person to the dinner table twice. If people are refusing to eat their wonderful food, they may wish to reevaluate what they're serving!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Good analogy, Mrs. Finnoni.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Puh-leeze, I've gotten more 'refreshment' and more RELIEF being here on JWD than all of my time as a dub. I agree, more control and trying to convince the masses of dubs that they'd be miserable and lost on their own if they ever become inactive. This is definitely directed to the faders.

This is interesting because at this past summer's DC, the elder that gave the closing talk made it a point of trying to convince everyone that people leave because of conduct, not doctrine.

If people are refusing to eat their wonderful food, they may wish to reevaluate what they're serving!

I love this analogy, Ms. Fiorini!

• smiddy
    smiddy

A typical WTB&TS spin : Some of jesus disciples were stumbled at his teachings.and they left off following him . true (but jesus teachings were not wrong ) {Their problem }. However many former Jehovah`s witnesses have left following the so called "faithfull & discreet slave" class simply because THEIR TEACHINGS HAVE BEEN WRONG:.A big difference.: { The WTB&TS problem } also true

smiddy

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is an incredible article!!! NO PLACE TO GO??? Perhaps they should ask all those millions of ex-JW's that left WT behind and have a new life. A life without fear, and guild, and the pressure of the WT cult that if we do not preach the "good news(selling their magazines) we will die in Armageddon.....

Indeed many of us found a LOT OF PLACES. Either some they became Christians, or any other religion, we found OUR SELVES, and we only trust Our Creator that is loving God. Boy they are blind guides and all they want to do it is to keep their followers into the blind state...

You shall know the truth and the truth WILL SET YOU FREE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit