Is the GT/Armageddon coming tonight?

by Hikaru 37 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

sf, I like that, I am going to borrow that if you don't mind.

Don't worry about those who say armegeddon is coming tonight because it's already tomorrow in Australia. (Charles Schultz?)

• Open mind
    Open mind

The GT started in 2003. That's when Ford started making them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT

Armageddon must be coming any second now.

om

• still_in74
    still_in74

Hi Hikaru,

people thought this when the tech bubble burst.

People thought this after 9/11.

people thought this after katrina

People thought this after the Tsunami

People thought this during the energy crisis in the 70's

people thought this after Hiroshima and WW 2 - Rutherford even taught it !

People thought that during great depression

people thought that during the spanish flu

people thought that during WW 1 - WTS & Russel even taught it!

This is nothing new. This "bubble" was completely predictable and has occured because sound principles of economics were ignored by greedy Banks and CEO's looking to pump up the bottom line.

Sleep tight, your young. Your 401k will be just fine.........

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I want to be a bright spot. The International Monetary Fund is expecting no growth in 1st world nations for the next year. They IMF is saying this is going to be a worldwide recession, but not a depression. In emerging markets (Brazil, etc.), there will be slowed growth (3% instead of 5%). So, it's not as bad as the news says. When you think that since 1990, a little less than 1/4 of the world's population has been lifted out of poverty. It's not the "doom of the US" but the "rise of the rest." Yes, there is still work to do as 25% still live in poverty. Energy is the next hurdle. Tidal waves, solar, nuclear, etc. are all going to be wonderful, as will natural gas. Getting everyone in the world power will increase their standard of living. Building roads and infrastructure will make food delivery much easier and water more sanitary. This is a wonderful thing to celebrate. Have hope. Remember, the news media likes to report 'bad news'.

• inkling
    inkling
    I want to be a bright spot.

thank you.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I hear some guy with the last name Campbell say's 2021 or something like that.

Look around you, how could it come tonight. I mean "like a thief" is one thing....but Bible students (like myself) get that many more "woes" have to happen first.

I mean, bring it on...Isn't anyone for this? A new system? The end to evil? I'm ready.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

How about as a Christian, praying for God to intervene and open up hearts instead of destroying everything? I mean...isnt that what he did with Jonah and Ninevah? or isnt God a forgiving God after all? Is only 2000 years since his Son came and "saved" us enough time when a 1000 years is like a day to God?

He gives us the equivalent of two DAYS to get our act together here or He is gonna destroy the earth? Think about it.

• sf
    sf

carla,

I'm honored.

Please, add it to your awesome Nail Collection!

alt

I must say though, that I learned that concept years ago in AA 'program'. It stuck with me.

Haha. I just had an image of you going to WTBTS in NY and Nailing the building up.

Love ya, sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit