Is the GT/Armageddon coming tonight?

by Hikaru 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Hikaru:

A suggestion. Read a history book or 3. Read about the great depression of the 1930's. Read "A Distant Mirror", a history of the 14th century. Read ANYTHING not published by the WTS.

Things have been far far FAR worse in the past, and somehow mankind managed to muddle through. We'll muddle through this time too. It might take 5 years or longer, which I know sounds like an eternity to you, but things will get better. "The Road Warrior" is not "history written in advance".

• megs
    megs

Well, the night has come and gone & it looks like armageddon hasn't hit... Hold on though... Show of hands... Who is still here?

Sorry for the sarcasm...

Until I invited a pioneer for bible study, I had no idea of how harmful this religion is... In my estimation, there is something inherently wrong with encouraging belief in "end times"... What is the benefit to the people who believe it?? They either live in constant fear that they haven't been good enough to survive, or they've got cognitive dissonance and have convinced themselves that the slaughter of billions of people is somehow warranted...

Hikaru, I apologise for the disrespect, but you've got to wake up... Get counselling. Turn off Fox news because it's Rupert Murdoch's personal crusade against democracy and is totally lacking in ethical, impartial news. Live your life, take pleasure in the world you live in, quit living in fear.

I seldom make my opinion known because I believe that people have the right to believe what they want so long as no one is hurt because of those beliefs. Having said that, your beliefs are hurting you, and I cannot remain silent.

To those of you who still believe that this is the "truth"... Look at what it has done to this poor girl & ask yourself if it is right to encourage this kind of thinking.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Megs,

I agree with your post wholeheartedly. I always felt it was wrong for many reasons to harp on end-times beliefs. I believe these beliefs fit in with the agenda of apocalyptic religions to draw more panicked and gullible followers. They must reason that more followers equals more money in their coffers so that the guys at the top can relax and not have to work for a living.

The scriptures themselves even say that we can't add a cubit to our lifespan by worrying, etc., and at a time you do not think to be it the son of man is coming, etc.,etc. So the gist of what I get from the bible is that I should not worry endlessly day to day wondering if this is IT. This is one of the many reasons I got tired of the JW religion. I got tired of people messing with my head.

Also, what about human potential. Is it supposed to be wasted in the vain belief that a REAL life waits somewhere in the future? Then why are people put here to live on earth. Is it so that they can worry endlessly and watch a calendar? Should they let their life run out like sand in an hourglass and not fulflill their potential and wait for some never-never land to kick in so that then they can live???

LHG

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Don't worry, you don't have to be "good" before Armageddon. After the resurrection and thousand years, everyone will be judged. So you'll have at least a thousand years from now to be good. ;)

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The whole notion that the world's governments can somehow destroy religion is ridiculous. Furthermore, there is no basis for the Watchtower to compare the religions of today's world with the ancient city of Babylon. Think about this: the combined efforts of all the worlds governments haven't even been able to eliminate the global trade in illegal drugs. How are they supposed to outlaw something as intangible as faith? Sure, some governments treat religious organizations like businesses and tax them because many of them are in fact businesses. Outright bans are not effective either. How many Baptists, Methodists, or Catholics would take the banning of their faith just sitting down??

You are wasting your time (and life) waiting for a proclamation that will never be made. The sooner you realize that the Watchtower Society is itself a false religion, the better you will feel. IMO, any religion that feeds off the fear of its followers is a "false" religion.

Dave

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hersheys is changing the ingredients in their chocolate....that HAS to be a sign the end is coming!

Honey if you WANT to see bad news you will. If you WANT "signs" the end is near...you will find them. Its like seeing a face in things...you give me ANYTHING and I can find a face on it.

You see and interpret whatever you are wanting to see and interpret. Do you actually think with the global economy the way it is that anybody is looking to destroy religion as a cause or a result of that? And how exactly does one go about banning a religion?

We cant stop the JWs can we? And they cant stop the Catholics can they?

Aint happenin....relax

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jehovah-jihad is .....the BOOGEYMAN

• inkling
    inkling
    On top of having foxnews.com open on another tab.....

Well, shoot, THERE'S your problem....

• Satanus
    Satanus

I feel for you, man, freaking over stuff happening bringing armageddon. I used to do that, too. Back in the 70's, i'ld watch the news and get on edge if a church was burned, or religions were opposed, somewhere in the world. If some talking head news guy mouthed the words peace and security in the same sentence, i was excited.

Point is, you see what you want to see. Others, especially business men, see opportunity in times like this. Worse times have come and gone. The usa has gone belly up a couple of times. Once, the famous business man, j p morgan was called in to save the country. Thereafter, the federal reserve was created to prevent that kind of situation from happening. And guess what, the fed has jumped in and saved the bacon. You see?? Things are working. It's just a cycle. The economy and civilization in general goes in cycles.

Get a bigger picture of things. Zoom out, so you can see the context for all this. Look at china, for instance. It's booming.

The wt org lived in a small cheap card board box world. Step out of it, already.

S

• sf
    sf

F=alse

E=vidence

A=ppearing

R=eal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit