HERE'S A BOMBSHELL ABOUT THE 144,000 DOCTRINE......

by Mary 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Okay, so there's the literal, fleshly 12 tribes of Israel and the spiritual 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps they should introduce the idea of the symbolic 12 tribes of Israel that "represent the world". Or maybe they should call it the "symbolo-figurative 12 tribes of Israel representing the world"? They have no problems introducing unscriptural words and ideas to their theology. Does that sound kool-aid enough for the secret edition Botchtower?

B the X

• mustang
    mustang

Hmmm.... NOT INTERNALLY CONSISTENT!!!

Having not gone to a meeting in over 30 years, I have never seen the INSIGHT book

But having the AID book w/in 3 feet I looked it up in the corresponding place: sure enough, there it was, essentially word-for-word, w/ a few more scriptures than you mentioned.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

O, BTW: its best to put inconsistent and pesky thoughts in obscure places

Mustang

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Excellent find. I shall be using this soon.

S8

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mustang-

When you compare the Aid book with the Insight, it is often the case that the Insight omits some of the scriptures used in the Aid book.

By reading the omitted scriptures IN CONTEXT I noticed that they almost always cast doubt on the interpretation being put forward. See the references to "Most Holy" where some of the scriptures in Revelation that mention the Naos are not cited, as these undermine their take on the "great crowd".

As the Aid book was the work of Ray Franz, I ask myself if these scriptures were put in by him to make the reader THINK - and that's why the Insight book was done, to remove this kind of sabotage.

MARY -

Of course the annointed in Crooklyn are wrong. Since they apply Romans 11: 25, 32 to Spiritual Israel, it applies to THEM:

"For God has shut them all up in disobedience."

HB

• Mary
    Mary
    Billy the ex-Bethelite said: Okay, so there's the literal, fleshly 12 tribes of Israel and the spiritual 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps they should introduce the idea of the symbolic 12 tribes of Israel that "represent the world". Or maybe they should call it the "symbolo-figurative 12 tribes of Israel representing the world"?

Or better yet, they could always fall back on Old Faithful and call it the "anti-typical 12 tribes of Israel".....Ya, that would make perfect sense......If you had no brain capacity.....

The reason they're out of options on this one is that "spiritual Israel" is already viewed as being "the symbolic 12 tribes of Israel" by the WTS.......You can't have it meaning two totally different groups.....It would be like saying that the Messiah is talking about Jesus in all verses except one where it's referring to Satan.

• sir82
    sir82
    It would be like saying that the Messiah is talking about Jesus in all verses except one where it's referring to Satan.

How about the inverse?

At Revelation 9:11, the Revelation Climax book identifies "The Destroyer" as Jesus Christ. Where else in the Bible does one find such a pejorative description of the Son of God?

Of course, nowhere, but it is necessary in order for them to justify their wacked-out interpretation of Revelation, and so voila! For one verse, we live in the bizarro world.

• Word
    Word

In the still ongoing re-creation of the world.

Jesus Christ is the new Father!

The twelve apostles are the new twelve sons!

The 144 000 are the new twelve tribes!

All together they are the new Israel!

Jehovah's Witnesses has nothing to do with this!!!

To see this new kingdom you have to be re-created!

Jehovah's Witnesses are not born again, they are a part of the old world!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It's a great find if only it mattered. The dub will reconcile with the WTS on the issue because of the fact it's so complicated. Easier to let them do the "deep" thinking.

• minimus
    minimus

Excellent! I will ask my mother this question today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit