Unique but accurate observation about KHs from a "woldly" person

by Lady Zombie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Back in the early 1970s the brand new kh in the sw valley of Albuquerque had windows. They were amber colored and vertical, about 10-12 inches wide and maybe 6ft high. We used to crack up when some of the badly behaved kids were dragged outside to get their asses whipped and not disrupt the meetings...Thing is we could see the silouhette! LOL Poor little turds.....

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have noticed that, since the early 90's, all of the quick build KH's in my area have no windows. I assumed it was because, like with the secret WTs, they didn't want people looking in, reading lips, and knowing what they were really teaching.

StAnn

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Hell's Bell's! The Kingdom Hall I used to go had windows all around and skylights too! It was built to seat about 180 people. It was a garden level steps nightmare. Go in on one level and have to take about 10 steps up to the main hall or 8 steps down to the lower level...more windows there too. It was a nice hall but very impractical by todays standards. Now its a Sushi Bar!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Kingdumb Hells I have had the misfortune of going to had windows. They were always obscured with blinds that were always set to obscure natural light while the boasting sessions were in progress. I have seen a few Kingdumb Hells around here without windows, however--and the A$$embly Hell has none.

I think it's to eliminate distractions from without. It is more entertaining to watch worldly people passing by or watch it snow than to pay attention to someone boasting about a God that never did a fxxxing thing for me, and then telling me that I need to boast about that same Baghead. Notably, those windows never opened for ventilation.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You gave a great answer.

Ok, well now we know not to ask Ms. Zombie here how she really feels about JWs! Sweetie, would you like a margarita?

Sounds like you work with some cool people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit