My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Wishing her a full and quick recovery!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My wife is 52 and has had type 2 diabetes since her late 20's. She recently found out she has congestive heart failure that will only get worse with time. She was one who was on Avandia for a short time. That's what caused her congestive heart failure. So far, we haven't had any real crisis situation...but it could happen any time. We ac`tually got papers from a law office to join a class action suit against the drug manufacturer because this has definitely shortened her life expectation. She fluctuates with her water retention, some times as much as 12lbs in a 24 hour period.

Good luck, Yiz. Just want you to know you are not alone and I'll have you and your wife in my thoughts.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

She was on Avandia too and we're gonna do something about that too.

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'll be seeing my wife later in the evening. Will letcha know how she is doing.

Yiz

• wednesday
    wednesday

Hi Yiz,

I am glad you drop in from time to time, there are still many of us here who remember you. I recall when you lost your home and were living in a shelter. It has not been easy for you or your wife. I have thought of you often even though we have never met. I will offer a prayer for your wife and for you .

Avandia has been linked clearly with heart failure. avapro is supposed to be a very safe, kidney friendly blood pressure drug for people who have diabetes. I take it myself. I guess when you only have 9% of kidney function left nothing is very safe.

Please keep us updated.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You will both be in my thoughts Yiz.

Chris

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hugs, strength, and healing to both of you!

Love,
    Baba

• mind my own
    mind my own

In my thoughts and prayers! Please keep us posted on her progress.

MMO

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Just got back from the hospital....

Spent two nights there, over the weekend. Promised wife I'd be back tomorrow. She really likes me spending time with her and didn't want me to go when I told her I had to come to come home to take care of things.

She's doing pretty good. On Saturday she did really well when the Respirator Therapist took her off of the vent for 30 minutes. That was before I came to the hospital later in that evening. Then yesterday she was able to breathe on her own for 90 minutes. Today before I left the hospital late this morning she was able to breathe on her own for 2 hrs. So she's doing superbly well. They'll do it again tomorrow. So slowly, but surely, they're working on getting her off of the vent.

She is having problems with mucus coming out from her lungs. She had the same problem last time when she was in the old hospital along with the time when she had the tube through her mouth, along with as you all already know had a gag reflex problem in which she had been sucking back in fluids into her lungs which developed into pneumonia. I am hoping she doesn't have another episode of that again. :(

She has a lot of hand squeezing strength which is really good. But as she lifts her arm, it still shakes, but she is able to reach her face if she has an inch to scratch, it takes quite a bit of an effort to do it.

She still tires a lot, so she sleeps quite a bit. My poor baby! :(

Her overall stats from the monitor shows to be fantastic. Heart rate high 60s and low 70s, her 02sats almost 100%, BP around 110 over 80. It just looks beautiful! :)

I am hoping that with her breathing therapy, she'll be off of it within 2 weeks. It's all a day by day thing, but she's showing a lot of promises. ;D

Now, I finally went to the welfare office to find out why her Medicaid got terminated, the answer was her application got denied. WTF is that? When we first applied March of this year, she got granted with her Medicaid with her card and it stated that her Medicaid starts on April 1st. So, now it's denied??? I am very confused. These people are whacked so say the lease. So I reapplied, but still am gonna pursue for a more in depth explanation. This whole thing doesn't make sense. Wish me luck!

That's it for now.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Back from the hospital...

She did great yesterday afternoon when she was off of the vent for 4 and 1/2 hrs. We'll see how she does today.

She's not feeling too well this morning and was feeling too hot. She had been taken off of the antibodics 2 days ago. We're hoping she's in the clear from infections she's had previously.

I'll be seeing her again Sunday evening.

I'm just glad she's getting along alright.

Yiz

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for the update. All the best to her and to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit