Letter from the Witnessses

by sandy 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• sandy
    sandy

I got a letter from a witness lady from my neighborhood. It was addressed "Dear Neighbor". We've been unable to reach you at home . . . blah blah blah . . . We have an important message for you and your family . . . Read our tract about the end of this world and the new system . . . blah blah blah. Then she said I can contact them at the address or tel# on the letterhead.

So, I decided to write back. I'm Sure that was a HUGE mistake but there is nothing I can do about it now. I mailed it out already. LOL

I used my first name and explained to her that I am in active and I am no longer a believer in The Governing Body of JWs, or any religion for that matter. I said I believe that most witnesses are sincere and good hearted people but I think they are misled. I was polite and thanked her for taking the time to write me. I told her I'm willing to converse with her via email or mail and that I would be happy to share w/ her reasons for my new found beliefs.

I also asked her to please respect my wishes to remain anonymous. I asked her not to send anyone, especially elders to my home. I told her that if ever she is out in my neighborhood she alone is welcome to talk to me if I happen to be out in my yard. My gate is always locked which is why they haven't been able to contact me.

Anyone think she'll write back? I guess it's hard to guess w/out us knowing her.

I used the word APOSTATE in my letter. LOL I said something like: I know most witnesses would consider me apostate and refuse and/or be too fearful to talk to me after learning of my new beliefs. I know though that I am a descent honest-hearted person. I do my best to live an honest life. I know that if there is a promise of a better future after death for good people God ( I may have said Jehovah God in the hopes of calming any fears she may have) will not forget me.

So now I'm thinking I should not have mailed the letter to her. I'm wondering what I hope to get out of it. It seems kind of pointless now.

• oompa
    oompa

NO REGRETS!!...I am glad you mailed it...you may actually have a 50-50 chance of a response........oompa

• Evidently
    Evidently

I know you asked her not to.......(but anyone zealous enough to sit and write letters like that)......is gonna run straight to the elders, she will reason it as "theocratic warfare" and NOT respect your wishes. Hopefully they will leave you alone, but since you now are the equivolent of a leper to this witness lady, I doubt you'll ever hear from her again.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Is the contact info (address, telephone #) that of the JW who called at your house, or of the Kingdom Hall itself? When I was JW, we were told to put the address of the Kingdom Hall.

• flipper
    flipper

SANDY - Good thread ! Interesting experience. Saying the words to a witness that , " Most witnesses would consider me an apostate " is like shouting on a jetliner , " I've got a bomb, nobody move ! " LOL! I don't believe anybody will bother getting back in touch with you - IF , and that's a big IF , the sister keeps it to herself and doesn't tell the elders. But if she tells the elders, I agree with EVIDENTLY, you will probably be receiving a contact from the elders to see if you still disagree with the organization to see if they should view you as a DFed person, or a potential person they can " assist " back into the fold. My 2 cents. Good luck friend, anything can happen, the cows are out of the barn now

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You used the word..Question Mark 3.....Evil Banana.."Thats Devil Talk"..Evil Banana.....................You may never hear from her again.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• sandy
    sandy

Thanks for the replies.

There is some other personal info I put in the letter regarding a situation that involved me back when I was an active witness. I didn't name anyone involved and it happened in a different congregation but not too far away.
    In the later I accused the elders in my old hall of acting like the pharisees Jesus condemned in his day. LOL We'll see if that get any kind of response.

I think my sister knows witnesses from this lady's hall and that is why I asked her to keep the letter confidential.
    On the envelope and on a cover page I wrote "Confidential - Only to be read by Sister _______"

Hopefully a respectful person gets my letter and respects my wishes. I know that is a shot in the dark. LOL

If they come by my house fine . . . I have two dogs including a German Shepherd who will not allow them in the yard. And we keep the gate locked. If my family finds out I know they will not give them my number. But it will strain some of our relationships for awhile.

Thankfully though with my family "blood is thicker than water" when it comes down to actual shunning.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    " Most witnesses would consider me an apostate " is like shouting on a jetliner , " I've got a bomb, nobody move ! "

Flipper, that made my day! Hilarious!

StAnn

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Nothings impossible you may have struck her curiosity...

I have two dogs including a German Shepherd who will not allow them in the yard

German shepherds are such protectors, they are very territorial...I had one gorgeous one and what a buddy he was....

hope4others

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet you will be getting a knock on the door from Brother Hounder quite soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit