Sister dies (?) at DC

by DoomVoyager 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

So they don't call 911 (or the equivalent)? So first aid is equipped to handle serious medical emergencies?

• flipper
    flipper

This is just disgusting inhumane sickly twisted behavior on the part of the elders and C.O. and D.O. for allowing this to go on with no reference from the platform as to inform the 4,500 in the audience what the hell just happened to this woman passed out ! They are SO into information control- they try to pull a disappearing Houdini act right in front of the audience ! They are all about image and " information mind control " being more important to get out there, than saving a old woman's life .

I had this happen in 1983 when a older sister giving a part passed out on my shoulder with a heart attack on the stage ! Me and another brother carried her off stage , laid her down , and people rushed back behind the curtain to try and save her ! But the elder doing the part- went right on continuing his part without stopping. He did reference the incident before the lunch break and told the audience that they would keep the audience updated on her condition. Small consolation, she died 2 weeks later after being taken off life support as she was in a coma . I will never forget that incident

• AnneB
    AnneB

On the other hand, put yourself in that woman's place: would you want 9,000 eyes staring at you while you were suffering?

It's a good thing that they kept the speechmaking going, sad that there was no acknowledgement later.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

In St. Louis, many years ago, my little sister had a piece of candy get stuck in her throat. What to know what they told my parents to do, instead of calling 911????? "Let her lay down in here (first aid room) and go to sleep, it'll melt....."

I KID YOU NOT!! I'm a nurse now. My mom and I have had an arguement or 2 over this!!

cbb

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I hope she is ok....But you know the Show MUST go on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W-GkWrekHVo

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

They... just... kept... on... talking... Unbelievable!... And yet... very believable at the same time... sadly... Where's the humanity?

• White Dove
    White Dove
    The speaker should have taken a time out for a prayer for her recovery right then and there.
  • Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Nothing cam interfere with Jehovah's spritual provisions.

Poor old lady.

• POs Son
    POs Son

I am a paramedic and was dispatched to a very vocal church one Sunday for a heart attack victim. The preacher decided to occupy the congregation with some singing aloud... and I mean LOUD! We found that while the pastor was well-meaning in his distraction, it interfered with our rescue attempt as we could not hear each other speak, nor could we hear things like the blood pressure, lung and heart sounds etc.
    My heart goes out to a woman who dies listening to how she will never die.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is no provision in the program for "interruptions", is there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit