Sister dies (?) at DC

by DoomVoyager 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

It is sad that this, so called religion, that claims to have such a great realistic hope for our dead loved ones, when it comes down to it, nothing could be further from the truth.

There hope for and lack of respect for the dead, puts to the fore their true lack of respect for life.

• parakeet
    parakeet

In Barbara Grizzutti Harrison's book, "Visions of Glory," she wrote about an incident similar to this one.

She and several other JWs were visiting together at one of their homes, when a middle-aged JW man had a sudden and mortal heart attack. This was a man who had given his whole life to the WTS, and was one of the few who was actually likable, a rarity among dubs.

As he lay dying, several brothers stood observing him, and one said, "I saw someone die just like that once."

Heartless bastards.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Wow, that is very sad and truly awful. I wonder what those thousands of people witnessing this were thinking and feeling as it was happening. It's like a sick metaphor of how the rank and file truly rank in the eyes of the organization -- being played out in real time before their very eyes. I wonder if others who attended were secretly thinking some of the same things you were; many must have been. I hope so.

I think it demonstrates kindness and class that you dedicated this thread to that elderly lady. What a sad irony that those same traits weren't exhibited on the convention floor.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

typical, and disgusting.

And heartless.

The Oracle

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Pathetic assholes , but not all too surprising

people never have heart attacks during a pouring out of spiritual food....never

• Gayle
    Gayle

Shows how mind control can work to be so uneffected by a profound reality and so unfazed by it. Then at the JW funerals, not much word about the deceased other than 'this is how so-so believed' and then still just going with another talk. Absurd!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

This is a very sad situation. Had it been a "Babylonish religious" convention, the speaker would have stopped and asked for a moment of silence so that all in attendance could pray for the woman's recovery. The JW leadership is so heartless.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I am so glad not bear the name of that awful heartless publishing company. They don't have a one moral fiber in them. BASTARDS

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Typical, eh? Can't have the program end past time just because some old person died. No point in acknowledging that...

It was quite the scorcher today....and I saw an ambulance and a fire truck leaving the assembly. At least the CO reminded everyone to keep themselves hydrated.

• song19
    song19

Stupid brothers... gosh, they can't even take a moment to address this issue.

I knew a sister trying to look after her screaming child during the Sunday meeting, (in the coat room area)... the brother from the platform who was in the middle of his talk ask: "can someone please go tell that sister to stop her child's screaming." Insensitive pricks. But I guess a screaming child takes precedence over and elderly woman’s life in order to make an announcement from the platform... ? I think I am going to be sick

Taking a moment of silence for that woman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit