Son sends "apostate" text message - Now the elders want to talk to him!!

by GoingGoingGone 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Been there done that with kids and the elders....all mine were unbaptised...

tell them to take a hike...

h4o

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

jgringe's right on.elders are not really meeting with your son "to reason" with him.can't generalize but they are just probably looking to have solid proofs.after that they can manage the situation to their will. they want everything in their control.tell your son to leave the moment he doesn't feel confortable.

• yknot
    yknot

Close ranks.....

He is not under their care, but you and your husbands.

All you have to do is say you are dealing with the matter privately. No course of action on your part needs to be explained.

Ask the Elders to keep yall in their prayers........

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with gopher and ynot. Don't allow the elders to meddle in family matters. Your son is an unbaptized minor. They have not right to demand a meeting with him.

changeling

• cawshun
    cawshun

Please don't let your son meet with the elders. I would be so proud of my kids if they had such a clear understanding of the cult as your son does. Who the HELL do they think they are that they have control over how he thinks. It's none of their business! I agree with what other's have said " They have no intention on listening to anything he has to say, they will turn a deaf ear". All they care about is gaining control over his mind so he won't be misleading other's ( like his JW friend). This is just what has the WT running scard right now and causing them to go overboard on the apostates, higher education, Keeping them isolated from the world. You should be counting your blessings your son still can think for himself. Being he has a free intelligent mind is the scarriest thing to the WT. If I was guardian of my child, no way in hell would they be allowed to meet with anyone belonging to a cult.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Ynot

Close ranks.....

He is not under their care, but you and your husbands.

All you have to do is say you are dealing with the matter privately. No course of action on your part needs to be explained.

Ask the Elders to keep yall in their prayers........

I am with most of the others. Just don't. His life is fine right now. He is on the right path, and dad is super proud. I agree with ynot. perfect answer.

Know when to hold em, Know when to fold em.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Outlaw is right. Your son could hand them a Watchtower and point out a few things and they wouldn't touch the magazine with gloves on and a long stick.

They know Bullshit when they see it.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Thanks again for all the replies!

You guys are right, I am starting to think that his meeting with these 2 elders is a bad idea. When he told his dad he wasn't going to be a JW and wasn't going to be going to meetings anymore, his dad wanted him to meet with the PO and see if he could answer his questions. My son did what his father asked - he met, was respectful (but informed), asked his questions, and got no satisfying answers. So he stopped going to meetings.

This time is different. He's committed the sin of expressing his thoughts to others. They don't want to know why, most likely. They just want to make him stop. Which means this will not be a reasonable, logical conversation. It could turn into 2 grown men bullying (or even threatening) a minor.

I'm going to talk to him when he gets home (he's at a school friend's graduation party! Love it!) He already told his dad he'd meet with the elders on Monday night. I'd like to tell him to cancel. I hope his dad doesn't have a fit.

I'll let you know what happens.

GGG

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I'm glad you're seeing the light. Your son has already talked to the PO and explained himself.

There is no reason other than intimidation that they feel it is necessary for 2 adult cult leaders to gang up on a minor.

Please protect your son and discourage him from meeting with these guys.

I was in my mid 30s when my dad told me the elders wanted to talk to me. I told him to tell them nothing I did was any of their business and I was NOT meeting with them.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi GGG

I'm glad you've reconsidered. How did the change of plan go down? Is your son and hubby ok with not meeting?

Just a thought.... even though your son isn't baptized, can't he still be "marked" as a bad associate?

If thats the case, if he goes into the meeting armed with WT quotes, or if he refuses to meet altogether, the end result will likely be the same, he'll be marked as a bad associate. How would you all feel about that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit