Is being searched by your employer EVERY day legal?

by Gill 43 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

Their website seems to paint a very good picture.

http://corporate.wilkinsonplus.com/corp/default.asp?SubMenu=LatestNews

"We believe that it's only when you've experienced Wilkinson from the inside that you'll truly understand why our teams are so passionate about what they do.

Because we're a family business, you'll find we do things differently at Wilkinson. We're focused on the people who really influence our future success - our customers and our employees."

Are you sure this is not like the elders, making up local rules?

OR perhaps as they say they are DIFFERENT!

fokyc

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Fokyc!

The dvd we watched said that 'occassionally we carry out random searches on our staff.' A search of a handbag was shown by a security guard and a manager, a man and a woman.

The information handbook says:

'All team members will be searched daily It is your responsibility to find a member of management or the security guard to search you before you leave the building.'

The trainer said, that our bags were to be searched daily, we were to remove outer clothing. If we were told to lift our shirts we were to lift them up to our bra level. If we were told to loosen and lower our trousers we must and if we were told to take our shoes off we must.

If we parked our cars on Wilkinson property they could be searched daily and as often as management saw fit.

Creepy, sick and rather unpleasant.

I wait to see what it is really like there as the store manager seemed a very nice man. During the second day of induction he said that once' the suits were all gone' he would treat his staff like family. He said, 'She left us this quiz to do', which he then screwed up and threw in the bin. 'She told us we had to learn the answers to these questions,' which he screwed up and threw in the bin also. He then said he would treat us all well but only once the 'suits have left'. We will see!

However, the words, 'Shove your job where the sun don't shine,' may yet leave my lips, we shall see!

• Gill
    Gill

I also found something else that I didn't see as 'correct' or even common sense procedure.

When I worked in a bank, we were told to never challange a robber to hand over the money and only press the alarm once the bank robber had LEFT the buildin.

Wilkinson have a security shout that if a member of staff is being attacked with a knife, gun, just physically all members of staff MUST drop what they are doing and run to the incident.

Since they do not give training to tackle an armed robber why do they expect us to all run and 'save' the victim?

My kids used to work for a well known pub chain and they were all trained by the SAS in self defense so they could help eachother. Wilkinsons offers nothing of the sort.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Layla: I was just thinking - you wouldn't want to work in the government because you will be searched, and scanned, etc...

Maybe we're provincial out here in Alberta, Canada, but I have never been searched in my twenty years of service with the government. I've been wanded and put through a metal detector before I visited my son in jail. My employer is protected by an oath, which I signed in front of a Justice of the Peace. That's it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit