JW religion is not all that bad really

by veen 41 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

I know we all have issues with the Borg, but really I think there are far more despicable religions on the go, namely American style evangelical Christianity. I'm watching a film called 'Jesus Camp' as I type and all I can say is any of you idiots who post on here who say you left the JW's and have now found Jesus are totally retarded. You really need to get a grip on reality and stop needing religion as a crutch.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Dear Veen

Not all Christian groups are the same. That video you are watching is extreme and I disagree with it completely. I think you find a lot of Christians would.

Your post is very agressive and hostile. Perhaps you could tone it down.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

As long as you don't count those whom it's killed. Like those who died from not getting blood when needed

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Yeah, it is!!!

• Open mind
  • digderidoo
    digderidoo
    I'm watching a film called 'Jesus Camp' as I type and all I can say is any of you idiots who post on here who say you left the JW's and have now found Jesus are totally retarded

So you think that this Jesus Camp represents all the Christians on this site? That really is a retarded view.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I'll settle this "who's more stupid" spat.

You're all retarded. I am smarter than all of you.

There, now we can all get along..... MY SPagHetti MOnster! Chill.

• veen
    veen

Yep, openmind. I've read it. It's better than the bible, Dale Carnegie is/was a better person/being than the god of the bible. Everyone is always so bland on this forum and only really ever slag off the WBTS et al. There's plenty of other stuff worth taking issue with. The fact that I was watching that film is inconsequential really.

It confuses me how anyone can say "Thank goodness I'm out of that JW religion, I must have been really silly to believe that. Now that I believe something equally preposterous instead I'm sooo happy"

Although I am sickened by hardcore brainwashing religions (not just the evangelist nonsense), I think even the more moderate beliefs should be fully open to criticism due to the logical failures contained within most of them. Those aware of the flying spaghetti monster argument know what I'm talking about.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

There are very few religions more despicable than the JW's, Islam is about the only one I can think of.

If your tax dollars were to double because you had to pay for all of the destruction that the JW religion causes to families, you probably would think twice about it being not really that bad.

It is a horrible way for children to endure, if it were any different I wouldn't waste one second of my time opposing it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do you think we 'need' religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit