divining rods work

by zerubberballz 57 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

umm but if everythings been dug up in the hot spot doesnt it stand to
    reason that of course uncs going to walk past it with no result?
    surely looking in a neighbours garden where granma lost her brooch or wedding ring 25 years ago would be a good place to experiment?

ok so the ouijas a load of old bollox too, it kindly told me the name of the girl my husband was having an affair with, yup I suspected he was but I'd never met that item nor did I know her name, but asking him later who mary was cut out a bit of leg work so I'm not complaining, I was sceptical about it telling me he was going to crash the car on the way to work in a few days time till a few days later mr full no claims lost his insurance discount on the way to work.Probably just coincidence, with the amount of years he hadnt crashed he was probably over due anyways.

divining rods I havent tried but when the weather warms up I might give it a go for the hell of it down the beach,I'd have a go in the garden but until I've bought some napalm I'm not digging around in knee high grass where my dogs been before me

nelly

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey Grout,

So I guess you're trying to tell us that you haven't tried it? hmmmm...

The earth is full of magnetic fields, and we are even affected by non-earthly magnetic fields too ie. the moon's pull on our tides.

It's easy to dismiss things as "hogwash" when we haven't experienced such things. It's not until you see things happen for real that you realise that there are forces (not necessarily "demonic") that are at play.

• Moxy
    Moxy

i think even the test you propose joseph has room for tainted results if the instructions are given vocally. in any situation when i hear stuff like this i just say, 'remember clever hans.' and if you dont know who clever hans is, you probably shouldnt be drawing any conclusions about these types of experiences at all.

mox

• rem
    rem

Prisca,

Um, I think that's called gravity, not magnetism. ;)

It's easy to dismiss certain things as "hogwash" with a little knowlege of science. That doesn't mean, though, that there is an explanation for everything just yet... (I don't suspect there ever will be an explanation for *everything*) :)

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Grout
    Grout

Of course I haven't tried it; As a JW I feared demons, and now as an intelligent human being I don't feel like wasting my time on anecdotes told by the gullible. Have you tried everything you don't believe in? I dare say you haven't. Life's too short.

As for magnetic fields etc., well, if humans were that sensitive to them then you'd see people getting all disoriented when they go through MRI machines. Do you have any idea how weak Earth's magnetic field is compared to even a toy magnet at close range, let alone an MRI machine? It makes no sense whatsoever to attribute dowsing to magnetic sensitivity in humans. There's no evidence for such sensitivity in other circumstances where it should be seen.

sigh So many fallacies the human brain is vulnerable to. I wonder if the human brain isn't just an evolutionary dead end.

PS: You could say I was gullible to believe JW stories. Well, I was raised as a JW; my mother was baptized when I was two years old. And skeptical two-year-olds are rarer than liberal JWs.
    --
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• Grout
    Grout

mox: Clever Hans is an excellent warning example. And let's not forget the "typing" that autistic kids "do".

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

You just got proof that the supernatural exists. You're dealing with demonic influences.

Read the following that still applies for us today in Deut. 18:

....thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

10 There shall not be found among you....THAT USETH DIVINATION, [and so forth] [this includes the ouija board stuff as well.]

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD:

You can be cocky about this is you like, but notice that it says you are an abomination to the Lord. This kind of stuff give grounds for Satan in your life big time, if he so chooses to affect you. All kidding aside, you fellows are very very foolish for playing with this. Of course, the JWs only addressed the diving rod issue in the five years.

The idea of wooden sticks being drawn to water is rediculous.

• mommy
    mommy

Unc,
    I understand why you posted this. I also understand why so many are knocking it. What I don't understand is why the ones who haven't tried it are knocking it I have never been in a seance, or used a ouija board, but do you think I would jump into a convo about it and tell everyone that they are wrong? You cannot discount a person's personal experience, end of story. If you do, then you look silly.

Thomas,
    I hope you have a happy demon free day
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• toddy
    toddy

Here in the U.K there are waterwell/borehole drilling contractors that always use divining(dowsing)first to find water supplies before they bring in the heavy equipment...damn gotta go,those fairys are at the bottom of the garden again,i'll send them your regards Thomas

• Seeker
    Seeker
    You cannot discount a person's personal experience, end of story.

Person: "I just saw Elvis down at the Circle-K buying cigarettes!"

Me: "I discount your personal experience."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit