divining rods work

by zerubberballz 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Bringing your daughter into this to fight your battles? Really, Unc! LOL

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I saw a show onetime regarding both the divining rod and the metallic metal held over a hand that moved. In this show it said that in both cases it can be scientifically proved as a natural phenomenon called a magnetic field. I don't remember how they described it, that is all I remember about it unfortunately.

• tdogg
    tdogg

Mr. Bruce, lets hear some stories about the other strange stuff that is going on.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

UB Magneticballs,

Well ain't it typical Uncle, when the 'peanut gallery' gets a wiff of 'witchcraft' among us, they pounce on you with all the ferver and determination of inquisitor's with ropes, already tied in a noose.

I think Mr. Grout is Gedanken in drag, if not his manner's are the same. Maybe wrong, but does not change the 'aura' or aroma of Grout's response, pure sanctimonious ie: "a solemn, unsmiling, sanctimonious old iceberg that looked like he was waiting for a vacancy in the Trinity" Mark Twain.

What about the question you asked, did not one of the overt detractor's of your real life experience, understand? Have you, or will you come over and try it out?

Stephanus why would you just observe, after telling him it is all a load of hogwash, so you could tell him again. Come on you big covert photographer, you could at least open yourself up to try. I know to much of a gamble, eh? The damn coat hanger's just might move, then what you gonna say to Grout and team? You big sissy!

Well Uncle and daughter, count me in whether or not it really is a real measureable phenomenon, or a fluke. The whole process of looking for buried treasures, even old nails, is one of my favorite passtimes. Especially in the company of good friends...need I bring my own US made hanger's?

BearHuffy

• Satanus
    Satanus

DannyB is right, guys. Uncle is just sharing an experience. He's not trying to convert you. You don't have to believe him. You can call him a lying bastard if you want, but lighten up!

SS

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I try to rule out subjectivity in such things, DB. My life saving medication makes me shake like buggery, so using me to test such things where small delicate movements can interfere with the results would hardly be objective, or cricket! Let's just say my reluctance to indulge in this testing regime is to do with my embarrassment over my inability to perform some physical tasks which others find easy...

If Unc can repeat the results, then surely he is the one to do the demo?

As for calling it hogwash, I tell Unc that about most things he says! When he summons that nice juicy gold nugget out of the ground, I'll be the first to congratulate him.

• barry
    barry

Ive tried that myself two peices of wire bent at 90 degrees I just walked around the house certain areas they would swing inwards or outwards I dont know why other people can do it and it doesnt work. I couldnt beleive it myself at first the pull on the wires is strong at times if you dont beleive me try it.
    Barry

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now ballsy, you seem to have multiple personality disorder.
    Or are you part of an irreverent Trinity!

How come you're on-line again? You gone to da big smoke, mate? Just when the highlands are looking sooooo good, too. Or were you frightened off by all those divining goblins?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• joelbear
    joelbear

I've seen some divine rods in my time

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I remember watching a PBS science program that featured a professor and his whole class trying the metal rods method of divining. He was trying to prove the whole notion was hogwash and ended up believing there was something to it after all. He figures it has something to do with magnetism or some other energy; at any rate the whole class had consistent results. They had some teaching assistant bury metal at various locations and neither the prof nor the students knew where on campus they were. Then they divvied up the grounds among them and spread out with rods. The results were good enough to get the guy a grant to do further research.

Can't remember if this was Nova or Scientific American; anyway the upshot was, the metal-finding aspect of divining seems to be way more consistent than waterwitching. The water diviners on the program had more mixed results.

My grandfather was a water witch, he used a hazel branch and family rumor mill had it that he was pretty reliable in his day. I've never had a whack at it but would certainly give it a try before dismissing it out of hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit