Watchtower Comments THE GENERATION CHANGE Featuring LEOLAIA

by V 221 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

LEX TALIONIS

Your remarks about my personal life are cowardly and repulsive. You hide behind a pseudonym boasting that you know more about me than I know about you. For the record get your facts right.

My marriage is fine. I am a tradesman/artisan/crafsman whatever you like and proud of it. I am a regular researcher at the largest Theological Library in Australia. I have a very large, personal Theological Library. I am a geat devotee of Bible Commentaries especially those technical rather than Devotional which are from Catholic, Protestsant-Evangelical and Jewish backgrounds. I am a great devotee of scholarly Journals. I am in contact with leading international scholars if that is necessary. I am proud and honoured to be a Jehovah's Witness.

I completed a Masters Degree in Studies of Religion at the University of Sydney, 2003 and I completed a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Religious Studies and Philosophy at Deakin University in 2000.

I am also flattered that my reputation has spread to that far corner of the world Albania.

scholar JW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

LEX TALIONIS,

I agree with Scholar.

Maintaining a persons anonimity and privacy on this Board is a matter of honor with most of us, and have been since the Boards inception many years ago. Your attempt at trying to 'out' Scholar and embrassing him publicly by using what both of you might consider as private and personal information, is out of order.

You owe him an apology.

HS

PS - Apologies for formatting issues.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

.I am proud and honoured to be a Jehovah's Witness

Then perhaps you should start acting like someone who is "proud and honoured to be a Jehovah's Witness." You aren't supposed to be visiting "apostate" website. After 48 years as a faithful JW, I am content to simply leave; I feel no need to vist pro-JW discussion boards to dissuade them from their beliefs. Why are you unable to obey the faithful and discreet slave and refrain from visiting and posting on this website?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well said H.S.

private and personal information, is out of order

This bothered me last night when I had read this comment, but I thought it would be out of place for me as a new one to respond.

Thankyou,

hope4others

• scholar
    scholar

Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I disagree that this current Watchtower is amateurish and un-scholarly for it it replete with references to other sources and as a major scholarly journal it is well suited in embracing the whole international community of scholars. Its contents can easily be presented in a suitable academic format for publishing in any leading academic journal if required. However, the Watchtower as a international scholarly journal is primarily designed in its current fromat as a Study Edition for congregations of Witnesses.

Such material is readily available for deeper research if required and that is the responsibility of the reader and not the Society. Your argument should be with Leolaia for producing a gullible opinionand not the Society because their purpose is to explain and teach the Bible to all people of good-will. By the way the Society does not protect pedohiles for that is simply apostate-evil propaganda.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

truthseeker

Post 1568

Yes, no doubt Leolaia should make her own defence and she has already begun but you have read her piece, you have embraced it so why can't you defend it if you have truly understood it? Or are you gullible?

Leolaia is a very intelligent, articulate and well qualified academic and no doubt is far superior to me for I am simply a nobody, a simple Jehovah's Witness but I have some intellectual ability inferior to most and I use my abilities whatever these are to defend Jehovah, His Word and His Organization with all my power and strength because that is what I have dedicated my life. Integrity, Endurance, Courage, Mateship Sacrifice were qualities that marked the ANZACS and these self same qualities are very much characteristic of the Early Christians and Modern Day Christians known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

However, in this instance Leolaia has let the side down and has not served her loyal devotees well by producing a piece of articulate, poorly researched, biased nonsense.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Justitia Themis

You inquire about whether I should be posting on this board as a loyal and active Witness because such a board is offlimits to such ones according to the directives of the Society. From time to time this matter has been raised with me and I reply as follows; This board is a public form which has has as its purpose a discussion of Jehovah's Witnesses. My conscience and sense of Duty compels and permits me from time to time wjereupon it is necessary to defend and uphold the teachings and beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. My life is dedicated to Him and to cooperate with his Orgabization or Church and Obey his Sacred Word. I post infrequently made necessary when an issue arises that seeks to diminish our sacred biblical teachings and the faith of various readers is challenged. My sole purpose in posting is simply to defend our beliefs and not to convert anyone for all of us must make choices in our lives and be responsible for such choices.

It may well be that in the future I may rethink my position and cease posting on this board becaus one's conscience, moral sense and spirituality is ever evolving. For the moment my sense of duty, moral integrity and conscience impels me to give a defence in accord with 1 Peter 3:15.

scholar JW

• oompa
    oompa

How can anyone supposedly so educated and scholarly be so gullible? It boggles the mind. I could barely read past this comment:

At long last the matter is now simply and accurately presented in the Watchtower, Feb 15, 2008 Study Edition.

This was settled in 1995...oh but I forgot, they did not read the context of scriptures back then. And of course it was settled for the 50 years prior to that as well, also quite simply and accurately. "At long last???"..........like after 2000 years? How gullible can you get?....oompa

how pretentious to know

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Scholar,

it replete with references to other sources and as a major scholarly journal it is well suited in embracing the whole international community of scholars. Its contents can easily be presented in a suitable academic format for publishing in any leading academic journal if required.

I was in Bethel, there are no "celebrated WT scholars". They would be ashamed to publish this article publicly because it would admit that they are false prophets. Scholars would laugh at their flip-flopping reinterpretations.

By the way the Society does not protect pedohiles for that is simply apostate-evil propaganda.

I was in Bethel. They do protect pedophiles. Don't believe me or JWD, just find out about "Gilbert Simental" somewhere else. You are a 'scholar' and aren't afraid to research "the truth"?

B the X

• scholar
    scholar

OOMPA

What you fail to understand and appreciate is the simple fact that the entire Olivet Discourse is a exegetical nightmare for scholars and theologians and so there are sound reasons why FDS has had to revise its understanding of matters including that much vexed phrase 'this generation' in Matthew 24:34. The only thorough academic study on this phrase in English that I have sighted is by Ernest Lovestam published as a Monograph in a Series edited by J. Lambrecht, 1980, republished in 1995 under the title Jesus and 'this Generation'.

So there is a paucity of exegesis on this phrase but abundant exegesis of the entire Olivet narrative all with much confusion with past and present scholarship. Therefore, by paying close attention to the text, its context and with Holy Spirit we how have certainty of interpretation and all of us can be ever so grateful and humble. May the Lord be praised!

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit