Songs that move you XJW style

by wings 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Shattered Dreams by Johnny Hates Jazz (that's all the Watchtower Society ever gave me)

Tragedy by the Bee Gees (it's tragedy when the feeling's gone--the feeling that I have a shot of having the opposite sex ever attracted to me)

Life is a Lemon and I Want my Money Back by Meatloaf (the "real life", that is)

Live and Learn by Joe Public (you got to live and learn that the Watchtower Society is a dangerous cult and a scam)

If It Makes You Happy by Sheryl Crow (if this is the happiest people on the planet, then why are you so sad)

Don't Bring Me Down by ELO (a request to those trying to recapture me back so I can join the Value Destroyer Training School in late 2009 and get the Second Dark Ages up and running by September 2010 2011.

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

Beautiful People-Marilyn Manson

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"I'm Free" by The Who:

I told you what it takes to reach the highest high

you'd laugh and say nothing's that simple

But you've been told many times before

the messiah's pointed to the door

no one had the guts to leave the temple

I'm free, I'm free and freedom tastes of reality

I'm free, I'm free and I'm waiting for you to follow me

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's my life - Bon Jovi

(It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50vzZzAja0

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Did you know Mr. Flipper that a California Psychedelic era group called Spirit with a young Guitar player named Ranydy Wolfe, renamed Randy California by Jimi Hendrix, because he had two Randys in his band, one he called California one he called New York, this band Spirit who were popular back in the 60's with songs like I got a line on you and Mr. Skin, they toured with Led Zepplin.

Spirit had a song called "Tauris" they played when they toured with Led Zepplin. Zepplin nicked it and called it "stairway to heaven", which isnt supprising because Led Zepplin nicked all sorts of songs on their first couple of albums, especially songs by black blues artist. Led Zepplins first 2 albums were great, But I always favored Randy California and Spirit for originality and great guitar playing.

I am thinking since you are a California boy from that era you probably new this.

Peace and out.

• jaguarbass
  • JK666
    JK666

jb,

You are taking me back to my "Fresh Garbage" days.

JK

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

Selling the Drama - Live

• jelcat8224

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit