Should you leave your cell phone on in church?

by Undecided 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berylblue
    berylblue

Gary, sweetie - how great to see you again. How the hell are you?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are going to a real church, then I would recommend turning it off or putting it on silent mode. That goes for eating out where quiet is reasonably expected, going to a movie, or anywhere that others have to listen to the program. And, talking on the phone in those circumstances can prevent people from paying attention to what they want to listen to.

At a boasting session, however, I would just leave it on. When it rings, people are going to be more entertained by the ringtone (I hear 50 Cent makes some really good ones), and you get to step in the back. If Brother Hounder prevents that, then just talk right in the seat next time. It will prevent those around from paying attention to the boasting session, but is more likely to be entertaining than what is on the platform. Ultimately, the person whose hypnosis you disrupt and turns apostate will thank you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are going to a real church, then I would recommend turning it off or putting it on silent mode. That goes for eating out where quiet is reasonably expected, going to a movie, or anywhere that others have to listen to the program. And, talking on the phone in those circumstances can prevent people from paying attention to what they want to listen to.

At a boasting session, however, I would just leave it on. When it rings, people are going to be more entertained by the ringtone (I hear 50 Cent makes some really good ones), and you get to step in the back. If Brother Hounder prevents that, then just talk right in the seat next time. It will prevent those around from paying attention to the boasting session, but is more likely to be entertaining than what is on the platform. Ultimately, the person whose hypnosis you disrupt and turns apostate will thank you.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I don't have one myself, don't want one. My wife has one in case she needs me when she is driving her car. Now, the way people use cell phones, it looks as though God would use them to get in touch with people if he really talks to them. He talks to a lot of people in mental institutions I've heard.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit