Should you leave your cell phone on in church?

by Undecided 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undecided
    Undecided

Shouldn't you? God may want to talk to you and ring your phone to answer your questions. Can he talk to more than one person at a time? He can kill more than one at a time anyway.

Ken P.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Keep it on vibrate if it must be on. I hate phones going off in a quiet place.

momz

• llbh
    llbh
    Keep it on vibrate if it must be on

i agree with that just dont smile too much

David

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    God may want to talk to you and ring your phone to answer your questions.

If, as many old movies and stories depict, Satan cannot enter the church, perhaps Satan
    will call your cell phone and transform himself into an angel of light. If your grandmother is
    in the hospital or your daughter is pregnant, or if you or on call at work, then leave it on
    vibrate. If you get an unknown call from the "666" area code, don't take it and don't listen to
    the voice mail.

Can he talk to more than one person at a time?

He can send the same message to everyone at the same time. Can he say different things
    to different people at the same time, though? I suppose so. I will ask him next time he
    phones me at a church.

• Casper
    Casper

I would turn mine off.

"IF" I'm going to Church... I certainly don't want to be bothered by the outside world.

I would be going to get away from it all...

Cas

• Spook
    Spook

Leave it on. Hopefully you'll get a call from someone who has something important to do...like brunch!

• noni1974
    noni1974

It's funny you should mention this. My cousin got married a couple of years ago and the elder who gave the talk told everyone to turn their cell phones off for the ceremony. The night before at the rehersual someone called the elder while he was on stage from the hall as a joke.

When I left the Dubs almost 10 years ago I didn't even own a cell phone. Now I would turn it off if I went into a church. I would probally leave it in the car because I believe they conduct electricty and I might get struck with lightning walking in a church because I'm a heathen.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Whether it is church, company meeting, or any other public place where someone is speaking..............it is pure ignorance to deliberately leave a cell phone on..........other than vibrate. Certain types of cell phone use is the modern day epitome of in your face ignorance.

Why should an individual have to be reminded to turn it off or put it on vibrate? Most people are not that important that they need this modern day pacifier on 24/7.

The cell phone has become just that..........a PACIFIER. The users are a little too old to suck a "binky" but they might as well connect one to their phone. They think they are important, but how many calls do you see them getting while they sit in the bar or restaurant?

I love the fact that a lot of businesses are posting signs saying that they will take care of you AFTER you are done with your call.......and in the meantime..........we will take care of the person behind you. Hooray for these business owners who will not put up with ignorant customers who think you should cater to them while they talk on their "PACIFIER".

HappyDad

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't assume people want to hear my phone ringing any time or any place. It's always on 'vibrate'.

W

• brinjen
    brinjen

I think it's just common courtesy to leave your phone off (or silent mode at least) if you're in a public place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit