Dress & Grooming for visiting Bethel. scans inside!!!!!11 LOL

by karvel 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• granhermano
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I ABSOLUTELY SWEAR TO YOU -THIS IS NOT A JOKE. The leaflet which ahs been sent to all congregations is posted on our notice board. It shows pictures of what and what not to wear. It was shown in conjunction with a letter that was read. It was followed immediately by a KM artilce question box emphasizing the information.

Our PO says it is because we are so close to the end that we have to show we are different by what we do and do not wear. By implication this is NOT just for Bethel visits. It applies to KH meetings, Filed Serve , Distrcit Conventions etc. Sisters will no longer be allowed onto the platform if they are wearing denim skirts

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am pretty sure my Bethalite sister owns a denim skirt - I am gonna have to take her to task on this!!!

• yknot
    yknot

Well I see many in West Texas will not be permitted the "privilege" of visiting Beth-HELL. In my college KH practically all the men wore wranglers, dress shirts and boots. The women had that faithful denim skirt, Hell my PO's wife and 80% of the females in my KH have that skirt or similar. I see myself deciding to wear my denim skirt tomorrow night.........

What is next manadatory dress/skirt and long hair--instead of being mistaken for Mormons we will be mistook for Penecostals.

Anyone gonna guess who authorized and encouraged this brochure? Ted, Gene, anyone

When they start making me wear dress robes (beards too) like Jesus I will give up my pastel pantsuits. Until then hear O' WTS your own counsel:

w064/1p.17WhenExercisingAuthority,ImitatetheChrist***

Authority—Use

andMisuse

The proper use of authority, of course, can be a force for good. It can provide suitable direction and can result in physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits. (Proverbs 1:5; Isaiah 48:17, 18) As the above-mentioned experiment showed, however, there is an ever-present danger of going beyond what is reasonable in the exercise of authority. The Bible points to this danger and says: "When anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh."—Proverbs 29:2; Ecclesiastes 8:9.

Abusing one’s authority is harmful, even if it is done with a good motive.

~~~~~~~~SIGH~~~~~~~~~~

• yknot
    yknot

Fashions for the future: 20 years

40 years:

• loosie
    loosie
    Our PO says it is because we are so close to the end that we have to show we are different by what we do and do not wear

Why can't God tell who is who? Or is he gonna kill all those wearing denim skirts weather they are sisters or not?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Loosie has a good point, and if Jesus and his possie are going to be in the sky they'll be looking down, and they might not be able to see the clothing that well, so maybe some kind of fancy hat would be needed.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm speechless...I used to cringe at the annual "Behave at the Convention!!!!" KM articles, but this goes so far beyond that it's positively surreal.

• crapola
    crapola

I saw that this morning. I really could'nt see anything wrong with the casual wear, just another control thing.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's all I can do not to dress like that nowadays. I shop at Value Village. (sarcasm)

Oh, P.S., is that one of your hairs in the scan? EEEWWWWW!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit