Dress & Grooming for visiting Bethel. scans inside!!!!!11 LOL

by karvel 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We toured when I was 16. I wore a fairly tight dress, seeing as I had a killer body back then! And the GD tennis shoes! My dad made me! I just think he didn't want the bethelites staring at me. And I saw a woman who lived there who had on more make up than Tammy Faye Baker!

There is also a brochure for incoming Bethelites that is just as nit picky.

I like church around here, slacks on a woman is fine. But so are jeans and polos. Just so long as you are there it doesn't matter.

momz

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    The elders can use this to enforce dress and grooming standards at the Kingdom Halls, but the Society can claim that they don't have rules about how you have to dress at the Kingdom Hall, even though they hint that you should follow these same rules there too. They use a controlling atmosphere that turns hints into rules and then they deny that they have the rules.

I think DT summarized best my concern here. I've complained about the "rules" they have to people before. Typically the argument back is "They have a volunteer group that is a specific family and families have rules. If you don't like it you don't have to be there." Or some say "Even the military and many companies have rules around dress and grooming".

I think the key point to take away is that MANY elders take this as trickle-down rules. They expect this in the congregation and if you don't fall in line with how "Bethel does it" then you are a rebel and are scrutinized it other areas.

I'm Not Feeling It! Leave me out!

// Revised to LOL back at Karvel's headline!!!!!111!!!!111!!!eleventy!!! HAR Har!!!1!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Recently joined... Just saw this thread....

I saw this at one of my last meetings and I was amazed. Funny thing, a lot of the friends were making fun of it... So it could actually work against the WTS, since some people may actually wake up and see the stupidity...

AaG

• real one
    real one

this is truly ridiculious! i dont think God cares if I have on sneakers and jeans.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

one of those pictured used to come to my hall.

they're like those "really? uuuh?" people. typical brain washed bethellite

• lrkr
    lrkr

Had to BTTT because, well, damn- what a jacked up little flyer. I cant even come up with the right words but petty, invasive, controlling, hypersensitive and ridiculous come to mind. I missed this when it was first posted.

Wow!! Just way, way over the edge.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

nice ressurections ... wish this forum could pin certain threads like mine ;-)

• lrkr
    lrkr

Untucked shirts- definately a sign of devil worshipers

And the heels on the lady on the cover- stilletos no? Are those what are referred to in some circles as "F*** Me" shoes???

(Please dont tell them- it'll be our little secret)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is commonly how rules get made in the congregations. They start as guidelines for people that are in Beth Hell or that are visiting. And then the hounders decide that it is fitting to extend those same guidelines for local boasting sessions and in field circus. Often, they even extend them for people that are home, or doing things that are necessary like shopping or work.

Notably, no allowance is made for hot or cold weather. In very hot weather, "brothers" still have to wear that collar button done up and their ties on. Some congregations even make a rule that the suit coat has to stay on no matter how hot it gets. Add a bit of running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to reach people, plus having it be muggy as well, and it adds up to some lofty dry cleaning bills. Not to mention heat problems.

Cold weather poses a different set of problems. "Sisters" are not allowed to wear slacks, let alone thermals, in very cold weather. If they are doing street work, it can get dangerously cold for them to be standing around waiting for someone to hand a waste of paper to. Add some wind and blowing snow, and it gets potentially deadly. They can get severe frostbite, hypothermia, or stress sickness (and it's worse if they are not allowed to sleep). When it is down below zero and the wind is blowing hard enough, these policies can be almost as dangerous as the blood policy.

• VM44
    VM44

Where did The Watchtower get this conservative banker's "Business Attire" fixation from?

Is that in itself a "worldly manner of dress"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit