Recurring nightmares of getting busted by elders, anyone???

by Hermano 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hermano
    Hermano
    However, I have had dreams of getting recaptured . Generally, I would find myself going about and suddenly find myself at the Kingdumb Hell or A$$embly Hell, or in the car on the way to one of the above places. I would seek to leave the place as soon as I realize what I'm about to do, only to have Brother Hounder and his buddies show up. Escape is rarely possible by then, except by waking up.

Interesting.... I dont recall any dreams of participating in any JW activities, since I left. Maybe they damaged you more than they damaged me, WTWizard.

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

I have had similar dreams lately. Someone mentioned being smacked up by elderettes and maybe it was the same person who mentioned finding yourselves in an elders house. I had a dream the other day where I climbed up steps (basement) of an elders house and found myself face to face with an elderette. She instantly began smacking me up. So weird... Basically the dreamed continued with tons of people I knew giving me an ashamed/judgmental look.

I don't know about your dream recently, but I think mine was triggered. I ran into someone from the hall and it was rather uncomfortable. I caught the ashamed/judgmental look. I think how people feel about me affects me quite a bit (it's what kept me in so long despite knowing things were wrong). I really love some of the people in the org, and my instant reaction is to feel like I owe them something. That's true with anyone that I know though. I have to pause and consider the biblical, ethical, and moral principles involved instead of instantly seeking to please them. Once I've recaptured clear thinking unswayed by emotion, its a clear choice never to go back. I think I feel the most guilty however because I don't set them straight. At this point, it would cost me more than I care to lose.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I've never had elder nightmares, but I did feel guilty when doing things like buying a lottery ticket or voting for the first time right after being disfellowshipped. The longer you're away from the mind controlling cult, the easier it gets to live a normal life. After about 20 years of being out, I now hate the leadership but feel sorry for the ones being lead, one of which is my poor mother. Good luck to you, ( and no, I don't feel bad about wishing you good luck!)

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I've been out for 10 years, and I still feel guilty sometimes. JW's are so good at making you feel like you're evil scum. They judge you on every single little thing! This religion has zero tolerance for anyone who is not one of them. My family always tries to make me feel bad about not being "in the truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit