Recurring nightmares of getting busted by elders, anyone???

by Hermano 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hermano
    Hermano

Yeah, Wings, they are everywhere. It doesn't help that my wife is still active. At one point, the elders in her congregation asked her to tell me that they wanted to talk. I told her I had nothing to talk about, and that's the last I heard about it. I wonder if those elders consider me in their jurisdiction even though I never asked that my card be moved to that congregation.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Seems like the elders pop into my dreams from time to time - always the bad guys - though rarely a nightmare as such. Still it always leaves me a little uneasy. I DA'd a year and a half back, so I don't have much fear of them - never did really. Still, I have never had a dream about them that put them in a good light.

Jeff

• Hermano
    Hermano

Thanks for the feedback AK. Funny that they're actually supposed to be there to help, but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever had a dream where an elder helped me. Just goes to show how "helpful" they really are. I'm not exactly objective though, cause my Dad was the type of elder who was always out helping the flock. Too bad he neglected his own family's emotional needs.

• wings
    wings

I had a couple of "men in ties", (that would be ties not tights) come to my door a few weeks ago. I hid. I wasn't dressed, Saturday AM and I was doing laundry and chasing small kids. It bothered me, internally bothered me. I am still convinced that one of my elder friends sent them here. Are we ever safe from them?

Actually, I'm not sure why I care. It is an eventuallity that I am either DA'd or DF'd. Maybe it is just about control.

• Hermano
    Hermano
    It is an eventuallity that I am either DA'd or DF'd.

I think you just summed up how I feel. It's life testifying against the Mafia. Sure, you can relocated under another name, and make another life for yourself but 10, 15, 20 years later, some guy puts three bullets in your skull with a .22 covered by a silencer.

• wings
    wings

Nobody has any guns, it was just a bad dream, go back to sleep.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have not had dreams of getting busted. However, I have had dreams of getting recaptured. Generally, I would find myself going about and suddenly find myself at the Kingdumb Hell or A$$embly Hell, or in the car on the way to one of the above places. I would seek to leave the place as soon as I realize what I'm about to do, only to have Brother Hounder and his buddies show up. Escape is rarely possible by then, except by waking up.

I have also had dreams about being at one of the hounders' homes. I would not know how I wound up there, but suddenly I would realize that I am in the middle of a week there, and on more than one occasion on my way out in field circus on top of that.

And, I have had more dreams about being out in field circus than I care to remember. Often, I would be going on a call totally unprepared (no Bible, no littera-trash, not even properly dressed). Sometimes I would do the ultimate stupidity: taking the volition and going alone in field circus and hitting those calls. Alas, they are always at home (I never remember how the calls ended, but I have never been able to lure one of someone else's studies to an apostate web site).

• Hermano
    Hermano

Maybe it was a bad analogy. But I think in dreams what matters is the impression that you're left with, the feelings that are conjured up. The feeling of danger was definitely there, even though there were no guns.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have that kind of dream when I am stressed or too tired. Then my mind seems to take a trip backwards to old fears. so maybe you are stressed or too tired. I had an armageddon dream, a particularly horrible dream, for a long time even though I no longer believed all that crap. It finally went away.

• Hermano
    Hermano

I've never had too many Armageddon dreams, even when I was a witness. The few that I did have though, were nightmares. There was never any sense of relief and joy that "our deliverance was at hand." It was always a horrible sense of dread. The more distance I get from this cult, the more I see how they use fear to control its members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit